“Food great, value less so”
Review of Bacchus Restaurant

Bacchus Restaurant
Ranked #135 of 590 Restaurants in Paphos
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Seafront location, exquisite local and multi cushion restaurant! Please your palate with a wide variety of fresh mediterranean fish dishes, traditional Cyprus and Italian specialities prepared with natural ingredients and the final touch of our chefs.
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Food was lovely, really great but seemed more expensive than others nearby. The staff were very polite, but not as warm and friendly as at other restaurants.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I'm a fussy eater and I found things to eat here. Good service and if you hang around deciding whether to go there the boss man will give you 10% off (every little helps).

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Just returned from Paphos and I'm surprised that Baccus isnt more highly rated on trip advisor. We really liked it. We enjoy eating out and enjoy good resturants. We came here as a family in the evening, our baby was asleep in the push chair and we also had out 6 year old with us. The decor and ambience is very contemporary but not pretentious at all. We were made very welcome.

My husband and i shared the seafood meze and it was exceptional. Really good quality and lots of it. Very, very well cooked. The wine list was also good. Our son had a pizza - very fresh and tasty, we took a doggy bag home as he couldnt eat it all.

We tried a fish meze at another resturant in the harbour but it was nowhere near as good as here.

1  Thank KBurtonandJBurton
Reviewed July 14, 2013

As a Cypriot, living in Paphos, I find Bacchus Restaurant as one of the best in Paphos. I visit the restaurant with my friends and family on a regular basis to enjoy our lunch, dinner, evening coffee and deserts. I would describe Bacchus Restaurant as a place you must visit in Paphos. Either you are visiting the town for vacations or you are living in Paphos, you can't miss dining there. The great combination of the excellent service and the tasty food, along with the amazing environment and the sound of the waves, will offer you and astonishing experience during the day but especially at nights. Suggested 100%..!!!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Bacchus, the alternative Latin name of the ancient Greek God Dionysos, whose house can be located at the antiquity site next to the medieval castle of Kato Paphos in the port area, was given to this Bistro Café on the Paphos harbour area on the paved walk way of the seafront, a place visited by thousands of visitors every summer, not to say all over the year. Along with my wife we visited the place and we were both thinking that a busy promenade restaurant, intended for tourists will not be a good choice. Well, we were wrong! The service in the open air area overlooking the seaside was very high standard, the food was delicious and although we are quite "picky" we must say that the choice on the menu was rich, the drinks were served in the right manner and temperature. The fresh sea breeze creates an appetite by itself so I went for a bigger meal such as chicken crème while the wife had prawns tempura after our starters which were as good as a full meal. We also had a banana flambé and some coffee. The staff was very friendly and with good communication skills and the manager Mr Antonis seems to be the kind of manager that does not leave anything unattended. I must say that we spend a couple of very enjoyable hours and we felt we should leave early as customers were piling up around the restaurant as bees collect outside a bee hive. This experience was also not expensive at all and we would strongly recommend this restaurant to anyone who finds himself in Kato Paphos.

1  Thank pafosminicab