“I just couldn't get enough.!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ride in Cyprus Ltd

Ride in Cyprus Ltd
More attraction details
Owner description: Beautiful wooden stables overlooking the Paphos forest with magnificent mountainous views to Pano Panayia where the Eurasian and African tectonic plates crashed together, lifting Cyprus up out of the sea. They rise majestically to the far horizon where Pano Panayia nestles on the hillside.Riding beautiful happy thoroughbreds across spectacular varied country - from forest tracks to deserted Turkish villages, mountains and valleys, wide open plains to deep gorges, sea views and places where the entire vista is forest and nothing man made can be seen! Six horses who live as a herd and are very loved, in turn look after their riders, young and old. Rides can be for one hour up to 7 days! Sunset brandy sour rides are very popular in the summer and longer treks in spring and autumn. All abilities are catered for. Groups are small and guided. We also partner horses for Leadership, Team Building and Personal Development Training (Horse Assisted Education) and Horse Healing for Soul Coaching.45 mins from Paphos airport. 1.5km from a traditional, quiet, country hotel.
Port of Spain, Trinidad
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“I just couldn't get enough.!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I t was my first experience on riding. I just couldn't get enough. It's in a wonderful locations, the staff is very friendly and professional, i highly recommend it, and i'm definitely going back again.!

Visited August 2013
RideinCyprus, Owner at Ride in Cyprus Ltd, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Exciting! I love it! You are why I built Ride in Cyprus! Thank you for posting your review, it encourages all those who 'thought about it but haven't'!!

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“great fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

My wife and daughter enjoyed the experience. It was my daughter first time riding and she couldn't get enought! Caroline was an excellent teacher and very patient. Very friendy and professional staff, would 100% go back again.

Visited August 2013
Thank you - it's a privilege to welcome new young riders - hopefully a hobby for life which will bring them so many skills, caring and 'soul food' :-) Really happy they enjoyed themselves and thank you so much for sharing your experience with us :-)
West Midlands
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Not a good experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

It's a lovely idea and in a wonderful location but more attention needs to be paid to the welfare of clients and horses.

6 Thank colliecrazy
RideinCyprus, Owner at Ride in Cyprus Ltd, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for your review - we are always looking to improve and welcome comments where we can identify these areas. I am unclear if you were unhappy about the horses living together as a herd in a huge paddock with access to their stables, shelter, breeze and water at all times? Or if there was something which worried you about the copious supplies of good quality trifilli hay (alfalfa), sanos (meadow hay) and barley straw or that we feed 'straights' with oil and flown in Missing Link supplement to help counterbalance the lack of grass? The horses are hot shod every 6 weeks and wear boots on all treks, rugs in the winter and have tack fitted by a qualified saddler, so they each have their own, fitted tack.

Clients are kitted out with jodhpurs, boots, socks, half chaps, approved helmets and gloves and introduced to their horses before mounting from a mounting block for extra comfort and convenience and damage to the horses' backs. They are then instructed appropriately.

I would be delighted to be enlightened as to which area of the clients' and horses' welfare you feel needs more attention.
Oxford
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Very friendly, caring, professional staff; and the nicest horses you've ever met. I'd never ridden before (this was my first time) but the people were so friendly and the horses so good that I picked it up in no time at all!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank devilfish1224
Thank you! We enjoyed having you - it's easy isn't it, when you 'go with the flow'! Congratulations on your lovely first ride and connecting so effectively with your horse :-) See you next time
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Pleasure to deal with. Great experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I got lost and came an hour late to our booking. Caroline didn't mind at all and was completely accommodating.
She provided riding trousers and a riding helmet and showed us how to ride (it was our first time) and in no time at all we were off.
The horses were great the scenery spectacular.
I felt safe the whole time.
I highly recommend this.
Chaim and Talia

Visited July 2013
2 Thank ChadEvanz
Thank you for your review! I have added a note on the webpage to advise people not to trust the sat nav as it can lead you a merry dance through the forest - we were lucky we had a long evening so it didn't matter coming home a bit late - good for you for sticking with it and getting to us regardless! It's a beautiful forest to take a scenic tour of I guess :-)