“Worst Meal by Far in Paphos”
Review of Oasen

Oasen
Ranked #280 of 581 Restaurants in Paphos
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Made the mistake of eating here on our recent holiday to Paphos. We were fooled by the fact that the restaurant looked busy - don't let that fool you! We had by far the worst, and one of the most expensive meals of our trip here.

The bruschetta starter was just toasted white bread, gone soggy due to the huge mound of chopped tomatoes piled on top of it. Both the steaks we ordered were like boot leather, despite ordering them medium.

To top it off service was awful, staff were completely disinterested.

1  Thank mighty_zarquan

Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

This is a case of wish we had looked it up on T/A first.
The place was reasonably full so that with the attentiveness of the staff tempted us in, we ordered drinks which came pretty fast but beware like any front line restaurant you get hammered on price.
The starters came eventually and were a let down the dolmadus my friend had were average if that, the Greek mushrooms I had were a little better , for the main course I had vegetable lasagna which consisted of a layer of pasta a few veg more paste and melted cheese, to say I have had better from the supermarket would be an understatement, my friend had the mixed kebab and described it as over done and tough, the only saving grace was the dessert, strawberries banana and ice cream , with fresh cream on top but this is actually squirt from a can cream.
Overall not a good experience , overpriced €65 for two and not very tasty we will not be going back.

1  Thank Boristhespider007
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Great place for people watching and helpful attentive staff. Let down badly by the food however which I guess is the most important part. "Fillet" steak was probably rump and although tasty, very tough. Kleftiko was so dry as to be almost inebdible.

1  Thank dp191244
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Worst meal we've ever eaten in Paphos. All pretense at friendliness vanished as soon as we sat down. Pizza was dry & tasteless, a jacket potato was undercooked and when sent back to the kitchen was returned just as bad. Veg was so al dente I couldn't get a fork into it!

1  Thank Margaret J
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Just returned from a very enjoyable holiday in Paphos.
Visited the Oasen for an evening meal during the holiday, my wife described her mousakka as the worst meal she has ever eaten during any holiday we have ever taken. I had chicken kebab, well it was a couple of pieces of chicken on a couple of skewers, not even enough to call a childs portion. We had garlic bread for starter, in fact it was toasted bread minus the garlic.
Lots of good places to eat in Paphos, we made the mistake of choosing this place, please do not make the same mistake as us.

2  Thank Ken M