“Excellent meal & service”
Review of Alkion Tavern

Alkion Tavern
Ranked #69 of 545 Restaurants in Paphos
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Greek Cypriot Taverna (Est 1994).
“Excellent meal & service”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

My friend recommended this restaurant if we fancied eating out in Paphos as we were all inclusive at our hotel, it was that good that we ate here twice. The first visit to the restaurant, my husband and I had the mixed meze, AMAZING!! I was just so glad when they said it was over as it was fair to say we were both stuffed! For our 2nd visit, my parents also came along and again it was excellent. My mum and I had the set menu at under 9 euros each and my husband and dad had the suckling pig after reading comments on here about it being the best, it was safe to say they LOVED it! The owner and staff were lovely and service excellent. Would highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely return on our next visit to Paphos.

1 Thank K3rnn

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
“Really a must to try”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The Alkion is one of the best restaurants in Paphos and well worth a visit. It is situated on the harbour end of Bar Street (Cypriot name St Antoniou Street) opposite the Robin Hood pub, which is at the top of the road containing the Dionysos hotel. It offers good reasonably priced food and the owner Kyriacos, together with his family and staff add to the atmosphere with their friendliness and attention. Sitting there, I saw him welcome back many returning customers, always remembering them, several by name; this being a feat in itself considering the amount of people he must meet. To me this speaks volumes, showing you are a valued customer and not just bums on seats. I suggest you try it on your next or first visit to Paphos, I am sure you will not be disappointed.

2 Thank charcoal_whisper
West Drayton, United Kingdom
“A Suckling Great Place....”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Ate here this evening and once before on this holiday and have to say that the whole experience is fantastic. Kyriakos the restaurant manager and Viki the waitress looked after us so well and really couldn't do enough to make our stay any more pleasurable. I had the suckling pig which is probably the best meal in Paphos........all in all a suckling great place to go.

1 Thank IanWD
Lydney, United Kingdom
“Excellent Value For Money!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Having been to Cyprus - on and off for the past 21 years - this restaurant offers excellent value for money. Portions are very good and the selection of 'dips' to start are fantastic. Well worth a visit.

• Visited July 2012
Edinburgh
“great value”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

this taverna serves three course meals for only 10 euros and the food is lovely as is the house wine. Very friendly too we loved it.

Visited April 2013