“Good experience!”
Review of The Annabelle

The Annabelle
Ranked #12 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Just returned from Annabelle Hotel. We were so worried before arriving after having read the reviews, but we neednt have worried. We were met in the lobby by Crystalla, who was wonderful. She put us at ease immediately and showed us to our room, which although, on the ground floor had a lovely view of the rear garden and a seaview beyond. The room was clean, but dated. No 'wow' factor here. We asked for robes which were promptly brought. The rest of the staff were absolutely fabulous. Nothing is too much trouble for any of them. They are kind, warm, friendly and helpful at all times. In fact, I think they are pleased if you make a request for anything.

Demetrios, the restaurant manager helped to make our stay enjoyable. Judit in the lobby bar is a lovely girl, with always a smile on her face.

I dont think the hotel is 5* as it lacks the little touches of luxury. There is no tea and coffee facilities in the room, no bucks fizz at breakfast, no chocolate on the pillow. The evening meals are very good. Unlike some of the comments, I always found the food hot and delicious. Unfortunately, the breakfasts are poor, not much choice. tasteless and lacking variety, not what you would expect for a 5* hotel. I only went to breakfast twice.

Our 12 year old loved the Teens club with Zac. He took them to the waterpark, cinema, bowling and various watersports.

I did tell Chrystalla that I was unhappy with the fridge charge. This is ridiculous, never been charged before in any hotel, any country, whether it has been a 3* or 5*. So she compromised, emptied the mini bar from it, and only charged us 15 euros for the whole of our stay. Its almost like saying, 'theres a bed here but we are gonna charge you for using it'. They need to stop this nonsense. Overall, we had a lovely holiday, A cake in my room for my birthday was a lovely touch. Coming round the pool area with fruit was also a nice touch.

Never had any trouble getting a sunbed, even if it was afternoon, we always managed to get one somewhere, although a lot of them are broken and need either repairing or removing.
I would return to the Annabelle and I just hope Chrystalla and demetrios are there to welcome us!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jane F

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Apart from being horrendously expensive to eat and drink outside of your initial booking, this hotel is friendly, helpful and clean. The fact that you can use the facilities of the sister hotel Almyra next door is an added bonus. If you book half-board the evening buffet is a must, the food superb, hats off to the chef!
The downsides are the locals that play backgammon in the lobby (very noisily) the locals who are the noisiest guests in the hotel at all times and the lack of shade at the main pool of the hotel apart from the umbrellas. The rooms are mediocre (I travel a lot for work and I can compare it to any business hotel) nothing luxurious about them, not even the toiletries are special.
If this hotel is owned by the same people as the Anassa, they should take note that the difference in quality is so extreme that the Annabelle falls into the bracket of package holiday not luxurious 5 star!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank McGuiness L
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Great room, location and service! Thanks to the receptionists and especially to Mr. Gougousakis George, who with his kindness and knowledge around the hotel and the city of Paphos, helped my family and I to find anything we thought of easily!! I highly recomend to ask for him at your arrival.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank iorgos
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Just returned from hotel annabelle. Having read the poor reports before we left, we were very worried. No need, the hotel is lovely. We have a 12 yr old who has had a ball in the kids club with zac. We were welcomed by chrystalla, who has made our stAy fantastic. There is confusion about the charge for the fridge, but tell them as you arrives a, And There will be no charge. We were invited to a welcome cocktail

Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Abed A
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My wife, 8 year old daughter and myself have just returned from a superb stay at the Annabelle Hotel in Paphos. The standard of accommodation and food were fantastic, the staff were very friendly and the facilities excellent. I have already recommended the hotel (and its sister hotel - the Almyra - next door) to friends who are looking to book a holiday there next month.

Room Tip: Inland View Rooms have a pleasant view over the pool areas and have afternoon sun.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Ian C
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We have just returned from The Annabelle,we travelled with Thompson,the price included dinner B&B,before arrival I went directly to the Hotel and upgraded the room.
This price included a dinner in the Amara restaurant each evening,this restaurant was superb,excellent service,very good quality food,well presented and excellent service. The buffet breakfast was poor,low quality bacon undrcooked,cheap sausage,low selection of breakfast cereals,fresh fruit was the same every day,water melon,melon,grapes oranges apples banana,tinned fruit. Bread selection ok. Eggs and omelette to order, panckes tomatoes beans ect.
I ordered a long esspress coffee as the filter coffee is awful, there was a big fuss about this,I was only allowed one!! so my son also had one too,the maitre d'
did explain this and apologised,but it was ridiculous. The bedroom that we would have had we not paid more was dark inward facing,you would not want to spend more time than needed in there. The first room offered to me on the €150.00 extra a day was tired,large but a hark back to the 80s,the next room was still tired but had a better view unrestricted of the beachfront,I refused to sleep on the mattress that was in there as it was so badly stained it made my flesh creep! Give them credit they changed the room.
The pool area has the early birds doing there towel thing(How early do these people wake on holiday)? The hotel should provide towels when people arrive there,much easier. Pool area tired,sister hotel next door much nicer. Kids club Hercules 5star the young man running it was excellent,my son loved it there. Staff were very good they pull the whole place together. Would I return no. For a great manicure there is a girl accross the street who is excellent half the price of the Hotel.

Room Tip: Do not have a room on front of Hotel lot of noise,all A/C is noisy as system is old. Avoid inward fa...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Audrey P
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We got married at the Annabelle hotel in May this year and could not have had a more amazing day. Sally, the wedding planner, is brilliant and has everything running smoothly from the very first time you visit the hotel until the end of the evening.
We chose to get married and have our cocktail reception on the decking area which was blocked off to stop other guests walking through. Our cake was the best wedding cake I have ever had - definitely have the chocolate and victoria sponge!
The meal was in the taverna at the front of the hotel. We opted for the Cypriot buffet and it was heavenly - everyone raved about the food. The beef stiffado was particuarly good!
The grounds of the hotel are fabulous for pictures - we have amazing pictures (check out Paul Jones - he is one of the photographers for the Annabelle and he is fab!).
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone considering getting married in Cyprus. Sally and the staff at the Annabelle take good care of you on your big day.

I would like to thank Sally for making our day so perfect.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple