I can fully concur with the other excellent reviews of the Annabelle.
Initially we had booked to stay at the 5 star Elysium, but after 2 horrible nights we moved to the Annabelle. The difference in the two hotels is unbelievable. The staff in the Elysium were arrogant, the rooms had a dreadful view of rubble, and the hotel had no ambience.
In complete contrast all of the staff at the Annabelle made us feel welcome. Their smiles were sincere, and the chat was always friendly yet not intrusive. I have to particularly applaud Harris the reservations manager and Michael the catering manager who could not have done more for us. They seemed to be able to guess what we wanted before we even asked! Demetris the door man even found a walking stick for my father when he saw he was rather tired.
The hotel is still managed by a local family and it really does show. Unlike the Elysium and other faceless, rambling 5 star hotels, there is still a local charm to the place. It is one of the older hotels in Phapos, but it has character and charisma. The grounds are delightful, with grottos and waterfalls, greenery and secluded areas to sunbathe. The location is ideal, a leisurely stroll to the harbour after dinner etc. I understand the hotel is about to undergo refurbishment to keep it sparkling. If you want a pompous liquorice seaweed body wrap whilst sweating on the latest treadmill in a Channel tracksuit go elsewhere, but if you want a blissful, relaxing holiday head to the Annabelle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sincere welcome awaits at Annabelle, a family-run oasis set within six acres of lush gardens on Paphos' Mediterranean sea front. Cool, peaceful interiors, understated design and warm, caring service combined with 5 star luxury to create a distinct atmosphere of unpretentious elegance. Four restaurants and five bars showcase seasonal produce, delicate local wines and traditional Cypriot charm, with live music almost every night of the week. Glittering waterfalls reflect the tantalising blue of the Mediterranean; swaying palms slow life to a blissful pace and languid days roll into leisurely nights with impeccable ease... Welcome to Annabelle: luxury for the soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Annabelle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Annabelle Hotel Paphos
- Annabelle Hotel Paphos
- Annabelle Paphos
- Hotel Annabelle Cyprus
- Annabelle Cyprus Hotel Paphos
- The Annabelle Paphos
- Annabelle Hotel Cyprus