Me and my partner stayed at the Laura Beach hotel in September 2012. I was a bit worried after reading mixed reviews but there really was nothing to worry about. The hotel was very clean and modern, staff were friendly and helpful. The food was of a really good quality, hot and fresh. It was repetitive but I expect that from an all inclusive buffet. The restaurant did have a dress code of no trousers for men but they were not strict on this, my partner wore shorts every night and no one said anything. On our first night we were put in a room without a balcony even though we had paid for one. We went to reception and it was sorted out straight away for us, they were very good about it. This was a common problem with most of the guests we heard from. Location of the hotel was good, just hop on a bus one way to Paphos or the other way to Coral Bay. I would definitely recommend Coral Bay, it's a beautiful place and there are some good watersports on offer at reasonable prices. There were a couple of negatives but nothing to put me off returning. First of all we had to pay for bottled water. I have never been to an all inclusive abroad where bottled water is not included. At the bar it was 2€ a bottle, but a pack of 12 bottles was only 5€. We ended up just buying the packs which was fine if you had a fridge but the first room we were in did not. Also there is an extra daily charge for the fridge and a safe. Again I believe these should have been included in the cost as it wasn't cheap! The air con was terrible all over the hotel, it may aswell have been turned off. This was not good as we visited during a heatwave! The swim up bar didn't open very early, shut for lunch and shut quite early in the afternoon, so it would have been better if it had been open all day to save going inside or down to the other pool.
All in all a very enjoyable holiday, great hotel and lovely weather. If it wasn't for the little negatives, it would have been a 5*
I would recommend the Laura Beach hotel to anyone, just take enough euros for the extras that you have to pay for!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the world of the Laura Beach Hotel, an oasis of tranquility and relaxation on the South coast of Cyprus, in Paphos. The Hotel is situated on the sea front of Paphos, a few kilometers from Paphos city center and is privileged to share close proximity to the finest locations and treasures of the island such as the famous Tombs of the Kings, an Ancient Archaeological Heritage site. The Laura Beach Hotel is one of the few Paphos hotels with a west-facing outlook that provides guests with a sublime view of blazing indescribable sunsets. Amongst several other Paphos Hotels, Laura Beach Hotel in Paphos, is a leading Hotel which can meet the needs of all travelers--families, couples and business people. During the winter period 12/13 the hotel has gone through major renovations in the public areas and guests' rooms and the latest addition of 2014 our full size splash water park which is one of the biggest water park situated within a hotel's ground. Moreover, all restaurants and bars have been renovated giving them a modern look with frameless windows for the amazing views of the Mediterranean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Bookcyprus.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Travelocity so you can book your Laura Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cyprotel Laura Beach Paphos
- Laura Beach Hotel Paphos
- Hotel Cyprotel Laura Beach