Sept 22-29 2012. All inclusive. 2 adults and 1 toddler!
Weather - amazing! around 30 degrees each day!
Hotel - fantastic, clean, big - spa, cinema room, games room, plenty of outdoor space, a gym, pools bars and restaurants! roof terrace is spacious and great for views and chilled out drinks. guests are a mix of brits, russians, polish and few german.
staff- brilliant, so helpful friendly and accomodating in every way! we celebrated my husbands birthday and they provided complimentry bubbly, cake and a birthday atmosphere! even a cocktail and certificate from the animation team! good enough english too.
room - try to request a sea view room, balcony was great, views and sunsets were amazing. queen bed. toilet not great, but least of your worries. it was all immaculate. plasma and air con.
spa - lovely, we went for a grapefruit scrub (really reccommend it for 20 euros) and the swedish massage. professional and enjoyable.
animation team - just brilliant. not pushy but there if you want to take part in zumba, french bowls, darts, volley ball, yoga, aquafit, evening entertainment, bingo or kids club.
food - breakfast, dinner, snack time and lunch had plenty of variety and fresh salads, breads, hot food, desserts and kids section. snack time is quite repetitive but tasty and fresh none the less. drinks were all great, cocktails available all day. nice Leon and Keo beers!
local cypriot food - we went to a restaurant 2 bus stops away from hotel called Verdas. amazing views across the sea on their terrace and meze was great and plentiful for 18 euro's pp. friendly staff and good service.
activities - the market was ok, very pricey for souvenier trashy type things! harbour was gorgeous, we took a speed boat for 30 euros for 30 mins. great fun. lunch at Steves Bar on harbour was brilliant, friendly eng speaking staff and tasty food.
we went on the ocean flyer 'half day heaven' cruise for 46 euros pp but was all inclusive of bar and food and was a great experience. Bex the host provided excellent entertainment! use the bus service for all trips, its excellent for only 3 euros for a day pass.
Coral bay beach is worth a visit, clean and safe, free shower facilities. loungers cost couple of euro's to hire but nice trip out with kids. all these are only 20-30 mins each direction from hotel.
overall, no complaints, apart from the fact that wifi is charged at 30 euros for the week and it only connects in the reception lobby area! not much to moan about when the week was just lovely! definitely reccommend Laura Beach hotel and would visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the world of the Laura Beach Hotel, an oasis of tranquility and relaxation on the South coast of Cyprus, in Paphos. The Hotel is situated on the sea front of Paphos, a few kilometers from Paphos city center and is privileged to share close proximity to the finest locations and treasures of the island such as the famous Tombs of the Kings, an Ancient Archaeological Heritage site. The Laura Beach Hotel is one of the few Paphos hotels with a west-facing outlook that provides guests with a sublime view of blazing indescribable sunsets. Amongst several other Paphos Hotels, Laura Beach Hotel in Paphos, is a leading Hotel which can meet the needs of all travelers--families, couples and business people. During the winter period 12/13 the hotel has gone through major renovations in the public areas and guests' rooms and the latest addition of 2014 our full size splash water park which is one of the biggest water park situated within a hotel's ground. Moreover, all restaurants and bars have been renovated giving them a modern look with frameless windows for the amazing views of the Mediterranean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Bookcyprus.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Leonardo Laura Beach & Splash Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cyprotel Laura Beach Paphos
- Laura Beach Hotel Paphos
- Hotel Cyprotel Laura Beach