“Finally, a truly excellent restaurant in Paphos.”
Review of Jordan's

Jordan's
Ranked #158 of 563 Restaurants in Paphos
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We are regular visitors to Paphos and are unashamed food snobs so it has always been a challenge to find something other than the usual average or below par food and service. We were devastated when Il Classico closed as this was the only restaurant in Paphos which offered consistently superb fine dining. Then we read about Jordans in Cyprus Living and tried it last night. Ok, it's not a replacement for Il Classico's creativity but in terms of quality, it's certainly close and with excellent value for money too. To start (€3), I had chicken livers with spinach and balsamic which was lovely - cooked well and very tasty although I ate the spinach separately as it was fresh and therefore needed a little more chewing than the beautifully tender livers. This isn't a criticism - just me being fussy again and wanting everything to melt in the mouth, just like the livers! For my main course (€14.50), I chose a grilled fillet steak served with potatos, corguettes and aubergines. Although I am passionate about my food, I am a little odd in so far as I like my steak well done much to the horror of most chefs. About 80% of the steak was well done but there must have been a cold spot under the grill as the remainder was still a little pink but it was taken away and grilled a tad longer without any fuss. My partner had king prawns served with spicy tomato sauce (€4). There were only two prawns but they were a very good size and the dish was very tasty. This was followed by fettuccini with spinach and chicken (€4.50 and that is not a misprint) which was superb - just the right size portion, not overdone and beautifully creamy. I didn't have a desert but my partner enjoyed an excellent apple pie (€4) - nice and light using puff pastry with no hint of stodge. To accompany the meal, we had a local Mataro from Tsangarides, our favourite vineyard (€17) - a very good price for a superb wine as we know how much it costs to buy direct from the vineyard. If your budget doesn't extend to this, there are other cheaper options although if you enjoy your red, you won't be disappointed with the Mataro. To round off the meal, we had coffee and a brandy, the latter of which was topped up, on the house. All in all, we had a thoroughly enjoyable meal for a total of €50 but as mentioned, there are cheaper options including a set menu with staggering value at €11 per head. The service was excellent, provided by the truly delightful Alaa and Aurel (Jordan) himself kept popping out to make sure everything was ok, without being overbearing (it's a real family affair with him and his Mum in the kitchen). If you're familiar with Paphos, it's where the Koh-i-Nor used to be before it moved to Tombs of the Kings Road and for those of you not so familiar, it's in the side road just after the Alexander the Great Hotel and just after Les Amis on the left. As mentioned by a previous reviewer, it's incredibly brave to open a restaurant at this time but we take our hat off to people like Aurel and his team for opening a restaurant with such good quality and value. After all, this really is all it takes for people to go back and as long as they remain consistent, we'll certainly be going back for more. (I have copied this post to paphos-eating.com as not everyone uses Trip Advisor).

1  Thank PaphosUK

Reviewed December 22, 2011

Went there this evening for the 4th time in 3 months, as had a member of the family over from England here for Christmas. Booked a table and the three of us were greeted by Alaa, who has got to be the best waitress ever. So attentive, even down to switching the heating on as she noticed one of our party was feeling a little cold - and that was without us even asking her to do so. Then Alaa brought us our drinks and then the food we had ordered. I chose the pork chop, and have never seen such a sizeable pork chop like it before and it was delicious. Jordans is now our favourite eating place, because we are never hurried by the staff, and it is good to know that you can take guests there in the knowledge that you have the confidence the meal will be excellent, and the service cannot be bettered. Thank you Jordan and Alaa for outstanding value for such an excellent meal, and for the lovely friendly service. We will be back again(and again!).

14  Thank dpgee_9
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Good food, ambiance and service plus tremendous value.

Reviewed October 28, 2011

Having visited paphos on a number of occasions, we found this gem of a restaurant. My wife and daughter stole my starter it was so nice. Visited twice in the two weeks we were there, not something I usually do when there are so many places to try. There are a number I would go back to, but I would make a point of going here at least once on any future visits. Very reasonably priced. I got upset the first time when I had to wait awhile for the apple pie I had ordered. It came freshly made after 20 odd minutes, it was so good I had it again next visit!!!!!! Everyone we told about it who tried it were well impressed, well worth the walk along. It's in the street opp Alexander the Great past Evis Bar. Make a point of going when you visit.

1  Thank bargaintraveller_11
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We found this restaurant by chance but it is a little gem. The food is cooked fresh and nicely presented,the steaks were great and the sevice excellent. Would recommend Jordon's if you want a relaxing evening with freinds or family.

1  Thank margarets44