“Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We first discovered AliceLand back in 1996 when we stayed in the apartments directly opposite. We have been going back to paphos for many years and always head out on the bus to visit Vaso and her mum.
The Menu isn't big but you'll always find something on there you'd like. The owners make you very welcome and are happy to chat. They don't rush you and you could sit there for hours admiring the views.
If you want a relaxing meal and don't have to rush away for anything..head out to Aliceland

1  Thank scottishsuzee
There are newer reviews for Aliceland

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We have visited Cyprus many times over the last 30 years & whenever we stay in the Paphos area we visit Aliceland. This family run Greek restaurant serves traditional & English food, they don't pretend to be a gourmet restaurant but they provide good value well cooked fresh food. They welcome you, are happy to chat with you, provide. A fabulous sunset view & if you're lucky, you leave with the present of a bag of fresh oranges picked from their own trees

1  Thank NellBolton
Reviewed June 3, 2013

After handing our hire car back, my wife and I stopped off at the Aliceland restaurant. Purely by chance we selected the egg and chips from the menu. We had not read any reviews of the restaurant.

We both agreed that they were the best egg and chips we had ever experienced.

On complimenting Alice on both the quality of the chips and the eggs, she told us that the eggs has come from her own hens 2 hours earlier.

Forget the sea view, or the new buildings going up in the area, sit on the terrace and treat yourselves to a "Shirley Valentine Chips and Egg" meal you will never forget!

1  Thank gillanded
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Me and my partner just came back from Aliceland, where we stopped for drinks & food purely because it looked like it would have a nice view. We were greeted by friendly lady who I think was the owner. The interior of the restaurant was really dated, looked like it hasn't been touched since the 80s, the view was nice (but nothing spectacular like most people in here said), but I noticed one table next to us facing directly the sea was next to a pile of rubbish and beer crates.
The first look on the menu was a bit of a surprise as the menu was really limited and to my mind very overpriced (considering you're not in central Paphos, I thought almost 9eur for a small salad a bit too much). Also a big proportion of the meals were prepared from frozen ingredients (you can see it if you read the small print at the bottom of the menu) - well at least they are honest about it.
My partner had chicken salad, which came with no dressing at all, few pieces of chicken meat and I had one of the pizzas. Again, for almost 9eur for a small pizza, I would at least expect to see whole slice of ham on it (it came with just few streaks of what looked like ham) and more than just a couple of mushrooms. The only thing I enjoyed in this restaurant was the frappe, which was really mild and creamy.
When we came home and I checked the reviews on Tripadvisor, I was shocked by the high score!!! I am not sure if most people who posted these reviews ate their whole life in McDonalds or if their standards are really so low! I felt like the food we were served was not worth the money we spent on it! The owner was really nice, but you don't go to restaurant to chat with the owner, you go there for the food.

2  Thank Lucia R
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We visited Aliceland a couple of times for an afternoon break for tea and coffee.

Their cats (Cyprus is knee-deep in feral fats) are delightful, because the owner of Aliceland likes them.

Their view is superb - looking out to that stranded ship stuck on the rocks.

There's no better place in Paphos to enjoy a glass of wine while watching the sunset and stroking a cat!