“Great Mexican Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Dos Pesos Casa Mexicana - CLOSED

Dos Pesos Casa Mexicana
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Cyprus
“Great Mexican Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had the best Mexican meals we ever had in Dos Pesos. The food was absolutely delicious, very authentic. We shared nachos and chilli/cheese dip to start. I had Flautas for my main - I wished the meal would never end, they were delicious! My bh had burritos with Chilli Con Carne which was also lovely.
The restaurant itself could so more for itself - add some bright tablecloths, some Mexican colour -it's a bit dull looking to the passer-by. But don't let that put you off as the food is excellent. The service could also be more welcoming / friendly. This is why I didn't give it five stars - if the review was based purely on food then it would definitely get five stars!
I will be going back to Dos Pesos when we return to Paphos. If you like Mexican food - you won't regret going!

• Visited July 2013

gillingham kent ME72DY
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

this is the best place to go for a meal if you like mexican the menu very good not sure what to have ask the lady that runs the place she is very helpfull and will help you choose highly recommend the mezza that way you can try all different dishes prices are good plenty to choose from on the drinks list aswell

• Visited July 2013
“Gorgeous food....terrible Front of house”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Food here was lovely, we had the set menu for €17.95, which was basically a taster of everything on the menu and this food was very very good and a fun way of doing it to try everything. Unfortunately the front of house lady was very unfriendly with no warmth or charm and seemed very uninterested i having people in for dinner, I think this put people
Off coming in which meant there was no atmosphere which was a shame because the restaurant was very well dressed and clean and the food was excellent. I would still highly recommend this place based in its lovely food-and I would strongly recommend the set menu!

• Visited June 2013
“Try the meze...very nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I visited this place in June so it was pretty quiet, hence why I rated the atmosphere as a 3. The food,however, was great. My husband and I ordered the meze and weren't disappointed. We got about 8 different, filling dishes and were completely stuffed afterwards. Like the majority of restaurants in Cyprus you aren't offered a drink before your meal...I'm sure they'll catch on eventually. Overall, the service is good, food is very tasty and the staff are very friendly and welcoming.

• Visited June 2013
“Poor service from start to finish!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

First Impressions from the outside are good but once you step inside the waiter looked like he would rather you not be there. We had to ask him to come and take our orders and our starters nearly arrived before we had to actually ask him to get us some drinks (he didn't even ask us).
The food did arrive within good time but then again we were the only people there.
The food was bland and not exactly the spicy Mexican we were expecting! (mains and starters)
We will not be making a return.