“Best restaurant in Paphos”

The Lodge Steak & Seafood Co.
Ranked #32 of 558 Restaurants in Paphos
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Premiere South African Steakhouse and Seafood Restaurant in Paphos. Specialising in Charcoal Grilled, Dry Aged Steaks at excellent prices. Relax in our Cocktail Lounge, main restaurant or under the stars in our outside Braai Boma. Experiential Dining in an Exceptional Environment. Come and Taste Africa
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Title says it all. Great food, great staff, especially Scottish guy lol. Atmosphere excellent and very reasonably priced. Best burger I have EVER had.
Make the effort to find and enjoy

There are newer reviews for The Lodge Steak & Seafood Co.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We went to the lodge with high expectations after reading all the positive reviews on here. The decor is beautiful and stylish in a modern-rustic way. The main seating area is outside in a small courtyard and they play african-style lounge music to set the mood. The waiters all greeted us when we walked in even though they were busy, it is a nice thing to be noticed by everyone as a customer.

We opted to have beer and the African meze. The food came in a good rhythm starting with piri-piri prawns, red rice and potato salad with curry. The prawns were simply amazing perfectly spiced so that you can feel the heat but not to hot so that it kills your taste buds. After the prawns came probably the best chicken wings I've ever had with a delicious pir-piri coleslaw. The meze also included pork-chops, fried bread, triple fried chips, the most delicious whiskey and honey glazed ribs you can imagine and Boerwors with mash. The only bad thing with the meze was that they served to much of the carbohydrates there were potatoes, rice, bread or mash with almost every dish except the chicken wings. This makes u as a customer that is looking to eat what can be described as a tasting-menu quite full, my tip would be to go easy on the carbs. All the food were carefully presented by the very friendly waiting staff who also took time to explain the dishes. Overall a very nice experience, I feel that I could return to Pafos just so that I could eat at The Lodge again. Definitely the best meal of our trip and The Lodge goes in to my personal Top 5 as well, well done!

The only let down of the evening was that no other wine than the house wines were served by the glass. This was shoking to me,t then again I work in a high-end restaurant and wine-bar. I would very much have liked to try the Pinotage Rose with the ribs.

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I had a lovely dinner here last week with my boyfriend. The food was great, we had steak and ribs. The cocktails were not that good.. They were cheap though so we didn't mind too much. The special bread to start was a lovely touch and tasted amazing! Also the coleslaw was fab.... Service was good, I agree with the below review, we were maybe asked for our food order a little too soon but the staff were very helpful and attentive the whole night. Would recommend everyone to go here... Don't be put off by the quiet looking entrance! It's misleading.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

After living in Paphos for many years and working in a local hotel the guests were always talking about the Lodge so as we had family visiting from the UK we decided to give it a try.
Impressive when we first walked in but then things did not quite go to plan. They were certainly not full but showed us to the darkess corner of the garden area and right next to a childrens tent area which was strange as we were adults only. We ordered some drinks and got the menus to look at. The corner was dark so could not really see the menus, we asked if it was possible to move but apparently that was the table we had reserved - strange as we just booked a table not a specific table. They then three times asked for our menu choice before our drinks arrived, when we said we would like drinks first they then decided to tell us they had no Keo, no problem we re-ordered. Having not been there before we would have liked a little more explanation about the menu and the sauces provided but we were asked again for our food order so felt we should just order and get on with it. Now for the good points the starters are good, the ribs are excellent. My husbands chicken was nothing special - his words not mine!
Due to the lack of customer service and I can only presume the owners had a night off because my colleagues tell me the service is great usually I would not return seems a shame as the location and my hotel guests tell me its great but I definately did not experience that.

1  Thank Missy D
Reviewed September 7, 2013

For the third year running our holidays in Paphos would not be complete without a visit to The Lodge. A warm welcome is always assured from Peter & Stacey. Peter is always looking to re-invent & update the menu so, even though it had changed from last year, there were lots of tasty dishes to discover. As always the steaks were superb and well cooked. The complimentary fried pitta bread with braii sauce is very tasty and a meal in itself. All in all a most welcome return to friendly faces & great food. Hopefully we will be able to return next year.