“Consistently great food”

The Lodge Steak & Seafood Co.
Ranked #47 of 588 Restaurants in Paphos
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Premiere South African Steakhouse and Seafood Restaurant in Paphos. Specialising in Charcoal Grilled, Dry Aged Steaks at excellent prices. Relax in our Cocktail Lounge, main restaurant or under the stars in our outside Braai Boma. Experiential Dining in an Exceptional Environment. Come and Taste Africa
Reviewed September 7, 2013

For the third year running our holidays in Paphos would not be complete without a visit to The Lodge. A warm welcome is always assured from Peter & Stacey. Peter is always looking to re-invent & update the menu so, even though it had changed from last year, there were lots of tasty dishes to discover. As always the steaks were superb and well cooked. The complimentary fried pitta bread with braii sauce is very tasty and a meal in itself. All in all a most welcome return to friendly faces & great food. Hopefully we will be able to return next year.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,247)

Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Highly recommended by a fellow hotel guest: liked the theme / decor, warm welcome. Drinks served by a poorly trained / experienced young Brit who both looked out of place and was totally out of his depth. Mgr / owner great as was the other waiter.
So the steak was very good as was the baked pita served with our drinks.
The rest was average at best.
It is good value.
Not a place to go if you mind a long wait for your main (wasn't even that busy.
Sorry but the service lets you down lodge.
If I ever return to Paphos I would try this place again.
It had huge potential to be very good indeed.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We were recommended this place by a Local Landlady and were blown away by the place, the staff were brilliant from greeting to service.
The restaurant was fully booked when we arrived so we were seated in a lovely area inside to be served with some of the best food I have ever eaten by attentive staff, at one point we thought we may have got the staff into trouble as we were looked after so well and chatted to them for most of our stay.
A truly great place with great staff and food....will definitely return.

1  Thank KevinTracyDton
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I ate at The Lodge Steak & Seafood Co. in August 2013 whilst on holiday in Paphos. We’ve been going to Paphos since 2008 and this is one of our favourite restaurants. We first visited this restaurant last year and it was very nice so we decided to go back. We ended up visiting it twice during this holiday and on both occasions, the food, service, atmosphere and value for money was excellent.

On the first occasion, I had chicken wings followed by a 700g T-bone steak and a salad. My wife had a chicken burger with cheese and bacon, piri piri sauce on the side and chips.

For our second visit, I had a rather large African sausage (sorry about the innuendo there but that’s what it was!), the name of which escapes me followed by the 1.2kg piri piri chicken and a salad. My wife had the chicken burger with cheese and bacon again but this time with a salad instead of the chips. She didn’t have a starter on either occasion.

The staff were welcoming, pleasant and efficient and the surroundings and ambience were very conducive to a nice romantic evening. The place was also busy both times were there which was good to see.

On both occasions, the food arrived promptly and as previously mentioned, was excellent. The T-bone steak especially was superb. I initially wanted the 1kg one which was 38 euros but my wife objected to the cost so I asked for the 500g one which was 22 euros. There were none of those left but a 700g steak was available so I was ‘allowed’ to have that. At 26 euros, it represented great value for money when you consider the prices of 500g and 1kg steaks. I couldn’t fault the value for money overall, which helps make the dining experience even more enjoyable as there’s no massive shock when the bill arrives. The only thing I wasn't keen on was the complimentary deep fried pita bread so I just didn't eat it. My wife however, seemed very partial to it given the amount she ate.

In summary, The Lodge Steak & Seafood Co. is a great place to eat, especially if you’re a big lover of good quality meat which comes in large portions (sorry about the innuendo again. I’m not doing it deliberately!). The food is excellent, the service was spot on and the place has a nice relaxing atmosphere. If we go back to Paphos next year which all being well, we will, we will be sure to make a point of eating here again. I can’t give it anything but 5/5.

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic meal here. It's beautifully decorated with African furniture, ornaments and African music playing throughout, creating a lovely atmosphere...you almost forget you're in Paphos! The staff were exceptional - friendly, informative and welcoming without being over familiar or invasive. The steaks were truly fantastic and the mango achar sauce is delicious. My only regret is that we only went there once...I'd love to try their entire menu! Great restaurant, thanks again!