“5 Minutes walk but a world away in quality from Fat Mama's”
Review of Gustoso

Gustoso
Ranked #27 of 545 Restaurants in Paphos
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“5 Minutes walk but a world away in quality from Fat Mama's”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Some people like the razmatazz and Man v Food portions of Fat Mama's I prefer quality over quantity. We came here twice due to just that, the quality. The portions are substantial here but the quality is superb and the prices reasonable. I cannot believe that they only charge 9.5 euros for a superb tasting rack of jack daniels ribs and the steak and swordfish that we also ate were both flaversome and good value for money. I would recommend anyone just take that little walk up to Gustoso, you won't be disappointed !

• Visited July 2014

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly Reccomend!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We came across this restaurant last year when we visited Cyprus and are so annoyed we didn't try it earlier. The food here is absolutely delicious!. The portion sizes are MASSIVE! so do not order starters as they bring out complimentary garlic bread anyway. The chips and vegetables as sides are gorgeous and also massive so try not to over order!. We've eaten here 3 times on our most recent holiday, twice for lunch and once on the night time and all three meals have been outstanding. The restaurant is based opposite KFC in the Paphos strip, parking is up the side but however can be quite rammed so maybe get a taxi there.

• Visited July 2014
Blyth, England, United Kingdom
“A Clean Crisp Restaurant”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

A lovely Restaurant, service is excellent but I felt the food, excellent though it was, was a tad expensive.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Peter D
Billericay, England, United Kingdom
“Sunday Buffett”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

So much to choose from, great for vegetarians and meat esters alike. Great service and so efficient.

List a point on service cause I man forgot our drinks twice but the next waitress got them to us in minutes

• Visited June 2014
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Good food, good portion size, they are aware of what gluten is... but won't change menu options.”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Had a late lunch here after an excellent quad bike safari which gave us a good appetite. We chose to go here following a recommendation from a local businessman.
The menu has lots of choice and the chef knows what gluten is which is great.
However, mains are served with seasonal vegetables, I asked for a salad instead as it was lunch time and 36 degree heat, though the waiter said that they would not substitute the vegetables for a salad - if I wanted salad I must order it as a separate side order. I was surprised at this as most places will happily substitute veg for salad as this is less work and cheaper for the restaurant. Consequently I have given this restaurant four stars - if they had substituted veg for salad I would give five stars.
Although the quality of the veg was good - nice and fresh and not overcooked.
I had bream and my companion had prawns.
Both the dishes were cooked to perfection, and the portion size was huge. The chips are big and chunky and cooked only in oil so they are gluten free.
The only gluten free desserts were ice cream or crème brulee, we had crème brulee which was lovely.
There's no scenic view, and is a bit more expensive than other restaurants in the vicinity but the portion size makes up for the cost, and there's ample parking.
I would eat here again, but maybe in an evening when I would prefer to eat hot veg.

• Visited June 2014