“Service has improved”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Recently visited this restaurant & pleasantly surprised that it was better than last visit of two years before. We were looked after & our meal was very good. Staff were very attentive.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Visited with my Wife on a weeknight. Restaurant is a open-fronted affair, not flash, but pleasant, comfortable and clean. Staff were very welcoming and helped us choose our dishes. I had a (homemade) Moussaka starter followed by Alfea - a pork, red wine and coriander dish. Both were fantastic. House wine was fine. If you want a very reasonably-priced meal and some homemade food, go here.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We visited this sea front restaurant several times during our stay in August and the staff were all very friendly and amenable to my daughters specific needs. The set menu is highly recommended and was always followed by a free brandy and bowl of fruit.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Went to this restaurant one night last week, what a mistake, we should have gone to the Adelaida next door. From the moment we walked in we realised we had made a mistake and we should have left. The waiter/owner was extremely annoying telling us what good food it all was (not sure if he was trying to convince us or himself). We ordered prawn cocktail and garlic mushrooms, the mushrooms were wet and not very nice and I played hunt the prawn with the prawn cocktail but all I found was 2 bit's of something a bit fishy.
When it came to the main course my friend had the chicken curry which looked nothing like chicken curry and was barely warm mine was a passable steak but the curry put me right off. For desert we ordered ice cream as we thought they couldn't muck about with that but when it came (which was quite quick as by now they new we were unhappy and they just wanted us out) it was runny which made us think that the freezer was not working correctly. All in all a thoroughly bad experience topped off by disgusting toilets.

2  Thank Irene022
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Where you from my friend?

Bolton!

Arh, many friends from there, beautiful place, many invites, will go one day!

Moving to the next table....

Where you from my friend?

Grimsby!

Arh, beautiful, many friends from there, plan to visit one day.....

And so on.....

Apart from a waiter with only one line of patter.............

We had a great meal - great for a lunch or casual early evening meal. Great value x

Footnote:

For international trip adviser friends: both Bolton and Grimsby are in the UK, neither are beautiful places by any stretch of imagination!!!'

1  Thank David B