“A great fun afternoon”

and up
City Sightseeing Paphos Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #28 of 52 Tours in Paphos
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I didn't do the 'hop on hop off' but did do the 3 hour afternoon excursion. This was interesting and fun experience. We went along the coast road, past coral Bay and stopped at the lovely church of Agios Georgious. We then moved inland and climbed to 2000 feet to Kathikas on the edge of the Akamas forest. We then descended through Strombi with magnificent views of the Troodos mountains and the visited the lovely tranquil Neofytos Monastery. A great afternoon out. The commentary was just enough, the scenery spoke for itself. I enjoyed this so much, the following week I did the trip in the other direction via Geroskipou and onto Aphrodite's Rock and Kouklia. and visited the Sanctuary of Aphrodite. (Extra charge at the site, but you don't have to go in.) Not on the schedule we came back via the the second largest dam.
Be warned it is windy on the open topped deck of the bus no matter what the temperature is on the ground. Keep hold of your hat, better still take it off. Each trip is !7 euros - well worth the money.

3  Thank KenMaideheadUK

Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I went on the city sightseeing bus in Paphos and really enjoyed it. I don’t agree with the previous reviewer who said the commentary was brief about the historical sites – there was lots of information about the Tombs of the Kings, the fort and harbour, the excellent mosaics, St Paul’s Pillar and the old part of Paphos, and more. There was also an interesting commentary about the history of the island. I read before we went that Cyprus has 10,000 years of history, and this was condensed really well.
We thought the tour gave us a good introduction to Paphos. We did the hop on hop off so we could visit some of the sites. I would definitely recommend it. It’s just a shame we weren’t in Paphos longer.

4  Thank Peter J
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I had time to spare one afternoon so decided to take the open top bus tour of Paphos. I make a point of using this service wherever they are available because usually no matter how many times I've visited somewhere there's always something new to learn/see.
The information is given via a prerecorded commentary - I prefer the human and usually local touch. Highlights include pointing out some of the many historical sites - churches, tombs and landmarks. Sadly the commentary for these locations is brief (about 10 seconds) and vague. Pointing out one of the two sites occupied by Debenhams? Why?
Better to get yourself a local map and make your own way around.

1  Thank David P
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We did the 1 hour tour (10 euros) and thought it was an excellent way to see Paphos. You get great views from the top deck. The commentary was really interesting and very informative without being intrusive to our experience. We loved the tour so much we decided to take the afternoon tour (3 hours) to Agios Georgios and Agios Neofytos monastery, which was the highlight of our holiday. Cannot recommend this experience enough.

5  Thank Bobbie141
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My group of 3 paid 12.50 euro eAch for the drop on and off service of the sight seeing bus. Personally I feel the bus lacked relevant information, for example the bus telling us about a popular cyprus phone company in which we passed. I have been on much more informative bus trips in which the bus is continually talking. However I cannot fault the journey the bus took us and the pleasant hour round trip around the area. We stopped off at the old town but didn't feel it had much to offer other than the markets. This bus is great if you are planing to use the hop on and off service but don't expect to learn a great deal on the bus commentary.

2  Thank Bnewcastle