“Very average - not bad, not great”

Harbour Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #98 of 567 Restaurants in Paphos
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: This restaurant is on the corner facing the sea
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We went here for dinner mid-way through our trip to Paphos, and went primarily for the location - a prime view across the harbour. The menu selection was fair - a couple of veggie options, plenty of local cuisine and some Italian options too. The services was decent, the prices middling and the atmosphere a bit flat if truth be told. That said, the food for most of our party was a bit above average, and most of us cleared our plates. But really, other than the view, this is nothing special.

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Visited for lunch and dinner. Dinner was fine so returned for lunch.

I ordered a chicken burger and my husband had a double burger. His was delicious and juicy.

The chicken burger however was inedible. It did not look remotely like chicken and tasted even worse. I left it but was not asked by the staff if we enjoyed the food or why I had not eaten my meal.

That said, staff were pleasant overall. The atmosphere was ok and there was free wifi, but most places offer this.

Wouldn't return but alright for drinks. Nice enough if you are at a loose end and easy to find with nice views.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Only stopped here for a drink during one of their happy hours (there are 4) Staff very friendly and had a laugh. Low prices considering view right over the harbour,

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Awful food, rude staff, burnt bread and when I asked to change it they said there was not anything else. I had a mixed grill and I've got to admit I rarely complain in a restaurant and have been accused by friends of accepting substandard food in the past. This was so awful I had to send it back as all the meat was so dry and over cooked I could not digest it. The waiter initially apologised and said he would not have eaten it either! He asked if I would like something else and gave me the menu, he left it so long to return to me my friend had finished her main so we asked for the bill instead to be honest I didn't want to eat anything else there. It was not only awful but completely over priced. Seriously need to up their game in such a competitive market the only bad meal of our 7 night holiday to Paphos.

1  Thank gmcb108
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Ate here 3 times in 10 nights as the food was very good, fresh, well priced with excellent service.

We also visited for cocktails on other occasions, again well priced and well made. It is a great place to sit and people watch and literally feet from the taxi rank and bus station if required.

The staff recognised us on our second visit and were all really friendly. The manager ensures that service standards are high and there as never a wait for anything longer than you would accept.

Salted popcorn with your drinks is a nice touch.

Plenty of options to eat and drink in Paphos, so had to be good to get our repeat custom.

Recommended.