“FREE Wifi!”

Harbour Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #90 of 539 Restaurants in Paphos
Cuisines: Cafe, Mediterranean, European, Greek, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This restaurant is on the corner facing the sea
United Kingdom
“FREE Wifi!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Had a drink here most nights after dinner and the children had waffles. Excellent service and great place to update Wifi. Taxi rank is just opposite.

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Resting in the cool”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Had coffee and beer most mornings during our stay in Paphos, usually whilst waiting for the bus. Excellent service with a great view of the harbour promenade. Superb for people watching. service was very good with reasonable prices.

• Visited June 2013
Cyprus
“Most disappointing”
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Have had a few snacks and drinks here over the years but first and last time to have a full meal. We were a party of five. One starter was good (ribs), three were ordinary (garlic bread; mozzarella fingers and bruschetta). One main course was good (lamb fillet) but three were awful, inedible - pizza; pork chasseur; canniloni. Service was very slow. In fairness when we complained about the standard of the food they didn't charge us for three of the main courses (although they hadn't asked when they saw the full plates of good being returned) and they gave us a complimentary drink on the house. Nevertheless a very disappointing meal. Worst of our holiday so far and unlikely to revisit harbour bar again.

1 Thank RachWatch
uk
“A disappointment - capitalising on its location”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I popped in here whilst waiting for our bus to arrive at the terminal which is just across the road. I ordered a strawberry crepes and Mint Gin Fizz cocktail.

The strawberry crepe was advertised as available 'in season', as it was July it was safe to assume that strawberries would be in season. When the crepe arrived I was very disappointed to find that it was filled with preserved strawberries in a gloopy red sauce, the sort of stuff doled out of a glass container and not lovely fresh strawberries as one assumed from the menu.

As most ladies I do enjoy a cocktail and can safely say I have had my fair share, however when my 'mint gin fizz' arrived I had to send it back. Rather than a lovely glass of gin, lemon, sugar, soda and mint (I assumed crushed mint leaves and ice), I got a fluorescent green drink that tasted like liquid Colgate! it was a disgusting mix with artificial peppermint flavouring with a glow which resembled radio active material.

The staff had nothing to do as the customers were thin on the ground and as a result stalked up and down like guard dogs in a most unsettling manner.

All in all an underwhelming experience and one which we will not be repeating.

Must try harder!

Sheffield
“Really outstanding steak”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Me and my partner came here for tea whilst on holiday and were pleasantly surprised.

To start, I had the garlic mushrooms. They were SO garlicky, I think the garlic was stuffed into the mushroom then a creamy garlicky sauce put on the top. Absolutely gorgeous. Partner had garlic bread, which was nice. Can't really say much more about garlic bread can you! They also gave us some warm bread rolls which I used for mopping up the garlic juices. It was lovely and fluffy.

For my main meal I had chicken chassuer. It was very good, clearly made from scratch and whilst not the most aesthetically pleasing dish, was very very nice. Served with veg and chips.

Now for the best bit - my boyfriends steak. it cost 25 euros, but was fantastic. Not a single bit of gristle or fat, cooked to perfection, and fell apart in our mouths when we ate it (yes I HAD to commandeer a little bit!) Again, this was served with chips and veg.

Only critisism would be that when it says served with veg, its more of a decoration of veg. It could do with a decent amount of veg and slightly less chips (although credit where its due, the chips were home made, and very nice).

We had a pudding as well, chocolate mousse for me, which had chocolate sponge in it as well. Lovely jubly. Boyfriend had the biggest waffle i've ever seen. Covered in banana, vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce and almonds, he wolfed it down.

We went back a few times after that for drinks but when in Paphos we tend not to eat at the same place twice. however, if we return, i would visit again.