“Definately recommend”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Dias Zeus

Dias Zeus
Ranked #7 of 542 Restaurants in Paphos
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Dias Zeus was chosen by The Culture Trip to feature in their article on Cyprus' 10 best cultural restaurants in 2014 and one of only 2 selected from the Paphos area. The restaurant's popularity with diners also saw it awarded Trip Advisor's Certificate of Excellence in the same year. Situated on Tombs of the Kings Avenue in Paphos, the restaurant boasts a spacious outside terrace and comfortable interior with an impressive fireplace for chilly winter evenings! Decorated in the familiar blues and whites of a Greek taverna, Diaz Zeus provides a memorable Mediterranean dining experience complemented by exceptional service in a relaxed atmosphere. PLEASE NOTE THAT DIAS ZEUS IS CLOSED DURING THE WINTER MONTHS.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Definately recommend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We recently stayed in Paphos for a week and were staying along Tomb of the Kings. We ate here twice during our stay, once later on in the evening when it was busy and secondly we went back for an early tea (5pm) as we had the flight home to catch and wanted something nice to eat before heading off home.

Both times we ate we enjoyed it, although initially we were put off by the guy outside trying to lure you in. Part of the reason I enjoyed this meal is that I am quite a fussy vegetarian and they had a spinach and feta pie on the menu. I had this on both visits and enjoyed it equally both times. It came with a nice side salad and a portion of chips (and these weren't the thin french fries that we found many restaurants in Paphos served). My husband particularly enjoyed the kleftiko on the first visit and was equally satisfied with the chicken kebab during our second stay.

Given the choice, the atmosphere is better later in the evening. There is also a very friendly waitress and the restaurant is very clean. I would definately recommend and would return.

Visited October 2012

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Paphos, Cyprus
“Not bad, but not great.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Ate here recently with a small group of friends because our first choice of restaurant was full. The place looks clean and tidy and I certainly have no complaints about the politeness of the waiting staff. Several of us ordered the meat meze which should be a slow procession of various dishes, bought to the table for you to try at your leisure, the whole process should last, ideally, a couple of hours, as indeed it does in most places I have been to. On this occasion, things certainly started well; salads, bread and dips were bought to us and we all sat back and prepared ourselves for an enjoyable couple of hours of eating and chatting. Unfortunately, after these early dishes were finished, the rest of the meze was bought to the table on one huge platter, in one go, with everything piled up on top of each other. This, at first, looks impressive but after just a short while, it all started to go cold. So instead of enjoying an evening of small, freshly cooked dishes, bought to us one at a time, we had, dumped on our table, a huge, overpowering pile of different meat dishes that we could never have enjoyed as was intended. I would have preferred, for example, the grilled chicken to be served on a plate with some lemon, local herbs and a touch of salt. Not buried under lamb chops and pork souvla, etc. in one big pile. The quality of the food was good but, and I guess it's because the staff were over stretched, the presentation and delivery was completely not what we had ordered or were expecting. I guess it was easier and quicker just to dump everything on our table in one go. Had I ordered a huge meat platter, I would have been thrilled. But I didn't, so I wasn't! So, unfortunately, whilst most things about the place were good, I was left feeling a little disappointed with the overall experience. I may try the place again when they are not so short staffed/ busy.

• Visited October 2012
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Great food, good service in a good location. Very extensive selection of dishes with many authentic Cypriot dishes. We had pork and chicken kebab and kleftiko and all were great. Service was friendly and was reasonable price.

united kingdom
“Great food Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We went to this restaurant three times throughout our stay in paphos, the food was excellent and the service was great especially Lucy one of the waitresses, she really made our evenings special especially the night of my partners birthday where they gave us free wine and a bottle of champagne. Would definelty recommend to go if staying in paphos.

Also very good prices.

• Visited September 2012
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Good value early bird special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Went here on our first night, we just fancied an early meal as we had been up since 4am. Noticed that this restaurant had a 15% discount if you visited before 1930, so we gave it a try.

We ordered a mixed grill and a spinach pie. The mixed grill was very tasty, and came with a side salad, haloumi and chips. My wife did not have a lot of choice of vegetarian options, however she was very pleased with the spinach pie. This also came with chips, salad and very tasty olives!

With a large Keo and a bottle of sparkling water, our bill came to €25, which we thought was very reasonable. Based on our one visit we would definitely go again for a casual early meal.

• Visited September 2012