“Best food we had in paphos!!!!!”
Review of San Marino

San Marino
Ranked #116 of 590 Restaurants in Paphos
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife and I are just back from a week in paphos and the San Marino was the best food we ate all week!!!!

We are both chefs and we like to try different places to eat when we go away and we hardly ever eat at the same place twice.

The food is outstanding, really good traditional food we loved the mezze it was too die for, also the moussaka was amazing!!!!! The menu is very large and has plenty of choices for every taste.

The staff are all excellent!!! From Tony the manager who was very welcoming and funny, to his wonderful wife who was brilliant and very attentive, and also all the waiters were very very good.

I would highly recommend to anyone who is going to paphos to eat here.

4  Thank Thursobhoy

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I don't like giving bad reviews but compared to all the other restaurants in paphos that we went to, this was the worse. It's ok if you're not very into food I suppose but it's not quality ingredients. We had brown cauliflower on our plates and what looked like badly cooked oven chips. I would suggest if you want traditional Greek food made from fresh, quality ingredients go to another restaurant.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed in Paphos for 10 days and had many nice meals.We ate here on two occasions and both very good. We had Moussaka at restuarants that were much higher rated than this one in fact in the top ten they didnt live up to this.
When we was walking past on our last evening the manager insisted we stop for a coffee on the house ,and we only ate there twice ,how nice.
To say that the owner is " over the top and false" is extremely rude and not justified.
Tony is a extrovert and a great character ,and you can see that he cares passionatly about he's businness.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The food at San Marino was quite good. My huband had the pizza, which he said was one of the nicest he'd ever had. I had the mixed kebabs, which was fine, if a bit dry. The thing that makes the San Marino worth visiting is the extremely friendly service you receive from the proprietors and their staff. We felt very welcome and they recognised us on our second visit.

1  Thank Clovergro
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Great family run restaurant with tasty food at a reasonable price. There was a great atmosphere too.

5  Thank shazzy90