“Good standard and friendly.”

Duomo Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #38 of 559 Restaurants in Paphos
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2013

A lovely pleasant clean decor. Tables nicely spaced out. Staff were friendly and helpful.
The food was nicely presented and good. Drinks are reasonably priced.
I did think that soup was a Little expensive at 6 euro and desserts not cheap either but we did order bruschetta and soup to start which to be honest we could have shared the bruschetta and kept the bill down. The tomato soup was nice, though I was not given any bread role which took the enjoyment fully out of it. They were very busy, every table taken and did apologies that no one had brought me any bread. The real thing that spoilt our meal was that the starters were taken straight away as soon as we finished and the main course brought out without any gap between meals. Unfortunately this felt rushed and therefore neither of us enjoyed the second course because we felt bloated.
We will go back and give it another go, it deserves another shot. The food presentation and taste was good.

There are newer reviews for Duomo Ristorante Italiano

Reviewed October 6, 2013

The decor is lovely as are the staff, I am a gluten free vegetarian and they couldn't do enough for me. I took my own pasta with me and they were happy to cook for me even in a very busy service. We ate here 3 nights in a row can't say better than that!!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Had a really nice meal & pleasant evening, definately a very good standard, very clean & tidy, & nice pleasant attentive staff. A very slight touch more expensive than some of the others nearby, but that could largely depend on the order I suppose. Very wide ranging menu, with both Italian, Greek & other influences evident.

The food was very well presented & very tasty. Unfortunately we did not return for a second time, which we usuall do when finding a good restaurant, as we had other plans for the remaining evenings, but if we had chance in the future, we would return without hesitation.

House Dry White was possibly a little sharp, (ok for me, but my wife added a little water to it) certainly but did not spoil anything, though would choose a bottle of local wine next time, rather than a carafe.

Had a nice chat about the home country of a member of staff as we were resting before leaving, very friendly interesting guy.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Peter and the team go out of their way to provide you with a special meal at this great italian restaurent. We actulaly went back 5 times the food was that good. My wife even asked the chef to cook a local cypriot delicacy 1 night "shiftalias' which were promptly brought to our mouth watering table (at no cost can you believe it).

For great italian food great service in the Tomb of the Kings area do not go past the Duomo.

Bill from Australia

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Read good reviews so we tried it out. The welcome was good. We ordered our food and opted to try a carafe of the house wine. When we tasted it, it was most definitely corked. I have drunk enough red wine in my time to know the difference. We told the head waiter, he tasted it from my husband's glass and said it was village wine and was supposed to be like that. No way was it right, we had only drunk Cypriot wine since being there and none had tasted like this. We only drank a glass of it each as it was my birthday the following day and did not wish to be feeling off colour. The starters were very good and the mains tasted good too, however, I had the mushroom risotto and found quite a large stone in it, about 1cm diameter. I narrowly avoided biting right onto it, which would not have been good. I told one of the waiters immediately and he said the wild porcini mushrooms do often have stones in. Maybe so, but surely, after soaking, the stock should be passed through a sieve? I left the remaining half of my risotto. We asked for the bill, which came to €58. We again spoke to what appeared to be the man in charge and showed him the stone. He implied I had put it there! Why would I? I explained we had told the other waiter immediately and he had seen me pull the stone from my mouth. He called him over and he agreed with what I had told the main man. He also said about stones naturally being in mushrooms. I explained that it still shouldn't be in my meal and that I have prepared porcini many times myself and you can be left with grit etc and it needs sieving. He seemed surprised that I could cook and have knowledge of such ingredients. He then backed off a little. We told him we were prepared to pay €50 as we had drunk less than half the wine and because of the stone incident. He shrugged and seemed to accept this. We left. It's a shame, as I wanted to like it, but I wouldn't go back. Mistakes can happen, but be honest and own up, don't fob people off who you think are ignorant on either Italian cooking or Cypriot wine.