“Really enjoyable”

Duomo Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #20 of 544 Restaurants in Paphos
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Really enjoyable”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Had a really nice meal & pleasant evening, definately a very good standard, very clean & tidy, & nice pleasant attentive staff. A very slight touch more expensive than some of the others nearby, but that could largely depend on the order I suppose. Very wide ranging menu, with both Italian, Greek & other influences evident.

The food was very well presented & very tasty. Unfortunately we did not return for a second time, which we usuall do when finding a good restaurant, as we had other plans for the remaining evenings, but if we had chance in the future, we would return without hesitation.

House Dry White was possibly a little sharp, (ok for me, but my wife added a little water to it) certainly but did not spoil anything, though would choose a bottle of local wine next time, rather than a carafe.

Had a nice chat about the home country of a member of staff as we were resting before leaving, very friendly interesting guy.

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Adelaide, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Peter and the team go out of their way to provide you with a special meal at this great italian restaurent. We actulaly went back 5 times the food was that good. My wife even asked the chef to cook a local cypriot delicacy 1 night "shiftalias' which were promptly brought to our mouth watering table (at no cost can you believe it).

For great italian food great service in the Tomb of the Kings area do not go past the Duomo.

Bill from Australia

• Visited September 2013
“Wanted to like it but....”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Read good reviews so we tried it out. The welcome was good. We ordered our food and opted to try a carafe of the house wine. When we tasted it, it was most definitely corked. I have drunk enough red wine in my time to know the difference. We told the head waiter, he tasted it from my husband's glass and said it was village wine and was supposed to be like that. No way was it right, we had only drunk Cypriot wine since being there and none had tasted like this. We only drank a glass of it each as it was my birthday the following day and did not wish to be feeling off colour. The starters were very good and the mains tasted good too, however, I had the mushroom risotto and found quite a large stone in it, about 1cm diameter. I narrowly avoided biting right onto it, which would not have been good. I told one of the waiters immediately and he said the wild porcini mushrooms do often have stones in. Maybe so, but surely, after soaking, the stock should be passed through a sieve? I left the remaining half of my risotto. We asked for the bill, which came to €58. We again spoke to what appeared to be the man in charge and showed him the stone. He implied I had put it there! Why would I? I explained we had told the other waiter immediately and he had seen me pull the stone from my mouth. He called him over and he agreed with what I had told the main man. He also said about stones naturally being in mushrooms. I explained that it still shouldn't be in my meal and that I have prepared porcini many times myself and you can be left with grit etc and it needs sieving. He seemed surprised that I could cook and have knowledge of such ingredients. He then backed off a little. We told him we were prepared to pay €50 as we had drunk less than half the wine and because of the stone incident. He shrugged and seemed to accept this. We left. It's a shame, as I wanted to like it, but I wouldn't go back. Mistakes can happen, but be honest and own up, don't fob people off who you think are ignorant on either Italian cooking or Cypriot wine.

Essex, United Kingdom
“Great service and food”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is not the best priced restaurant in Paphos but if you want a really enjoyable meal, with great service, this is for you. It is conveniently located just off the Tombs of the Kings Rd, near the Elysium hotel. The staff are friendly and attentive. The Chicken Parmigiana is excellent as are many of the dishes. They also are happy to tweak a dish to suit you. Will definitely be back.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“EXCELLENT FOOD AND VALUE”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We found this restaurant to be very friendly with excellent service and lovely good value food.

We have just returned from our holiday on Paphos and visited this restaurant more frequently than any others.

The manager Peter and his staff were very welcoming and attentive and always remembered if you had eaten there before. We noticed that there were a lot of return diners as they were always greeted with genuine warmth.

Food was hot and tasty and at the end of your meal a complimentary drink of your choice or coffee was always offered.

Our only advice would be for candles on the tables to maybe make it more appealing to passers by in the evening.

We would have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant to others.

1 Thank Tony M