“Really Nice”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dartford, England, United Kingdom
“Really Nice”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The Pelican is located in the harbour in Paphos and is really a fish restaurant but also do grills and a variety of other meals. The food was really nice, best meal by far that I had in Cyprus. The staff were very accomodating and we just turned up without a reservation with a party of 18 and was seated in 5 mins. The staff quickly arranged the tables and got the menus to us. The restaurant has a glass floor so you can see the water below. Not very effective at night but would be nice in the day. I am not a fish lover so i had grilled haloumi for starter and a fillet steak for my main course. Both were very nice. The staff bring out a pelican as well that does a little performance, which was fun for the children in the party but I couldnt help thinking it was a bit cruel because after its little dance it was put away again.

• Visited September 2013

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Cardiff
“Eating out was always a pleasure”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

What can I say the meals in this restaurant were better than the meals in the Hotel which I was staying in . The meals were cooked to a high standard and it was nice to see the freshly caught produce of the sea on show , The service from the staff was of a high standard and this is why I returned every night to eat at this place

• Visited October 2012
“Do nt go”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Food was bland, prawns were uncooked and tasteless , I ordered surf and turf and it was suppose to be a filet steak bt it never was, poor resturant , one of the worst meals iv had

• Visited September 2013
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Great food, service could be better”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

On our recent holiday to Cyprus we decided to have our last night meal at The Pelican. As I was told it gets busy we booked a few days before when we went for a family meal the night before my sisters wedding. We got talking to the head waiter that night about our plans. When we arrived for our meal the waiter had saved us the best table available - right on the edge over the sea and with a great view of the harbour, it was very romantic. He was chatting to us and asked us how the wedding was, I thought this was a really nice touch as he'd remembered us. We sat down and ordered some drinks. Our drinks came and we sat a bit longer, we hadn't been given menus. After about ten minutes I had to ask the waiter for them, he explained we had plates on our table which usually means the food had been ordered and apologised. He came back with menus for us and took the plates. We had quite a bit of food to share as we decided to splash out with it being our last night - we ordered tzatziki and pitta to share, halloumi starter, prawns starter, fish kebab main and fish mixed grill main. Our starters arrived quickly and were absolutely gorgeous, some of the nicest halloumi cheese I'd had all holiday (and I eat a lot of it!!), I tried some of my boyfriends prawns and they were lovely too. We didn't eat all the tzatziki and bread so we saved it for with our main. There was just a right amount of time between the starters and the mains. The mains were huge - good huge because we were starving but if you're not very hungry prepare yourself for a big meal. Both meals were amazing, we both dipped into each others although as we both had fish dishes they were similar. Couldn't fault the mains, they were lovely. Once we'd finished the mains the waiter cleared our plates and asked if we wanted dessert, we declined but got another drink. About half an hour passed and we didn't see a waiter to ask him for the bill, they were clearing away and we were the last ones in. About ten more minutes passed and eventually my boyfriend managed to grab someone. When we got the bill for three starters, bread, two mains, beers and a jug of wine it was 80 euros which I thought was good. I absolutely loved my meal here, great food and nice restaurant but felt the staff could've been a bit more attentive.

• Visited August 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“Ok food, great setting, too busy”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Had a meal here during recent trip to Paphos. Food was average but I found the price reasonable. Place was too busy though and the waiters seemed more interested in getting more people in than dealing with the customers they had.beautiful setting at least!

• Visited August 2013