“A peaceful home from home.”
Review of Sea Point Villas

Sea Point Villas
Ranked #2 of 83 Specialty Lodging in Paphos
Norwich, United Kingdom
“A peaceful home from home.”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Anyone with half an ounce of common sense would realise that it is advisable to have a car here. You could walk to Coral bay, but not in August.
The villa was clean and comfortable, with everything you need. Efficient air-con, comfortable beds.
The pool was tested every morning by the owner or his staff. No debris entered the pool, but as it is surrounded by lavender I suppose it is possible to have the odd sprig in it. the pool temperature was ideal.
I would have appreciated a booklet detailing how everything worked, especially the TV. For your info, press the av button on the top until you get to video 2 channel, then it will work. Limited channels, but fine for holidays.
Local beach at Corallia apartments sandy and quiet, beds and umbrellas for rent.
The road to the apartments was being re-sanded as we left.
We really appreciated the location, very quiet and away from Coral Bay, but I think a car is essential.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Greek first
London
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We just arrived back from a week in Villa Christoper (number 5).

Well what can we say? Perfect in every way.

The villa was spacious & clean. The pool was big enough, regularly maintained.

The bedrooms were fine, the bathrooms modern

The facilities outside for BBQ were good and used everyday

We will be back! For certain....

The kids loved it - we had a very relaxing time.

Andreas was responsive and attentive - I guess if you live in one of the villa's yourself that is just proof that they are top notch.

Thanks Andreas - see you again soon!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We stayed in the Villa Anastasia in Coral Bay in July 2011. The villas are clean and well presented, but in no way are they 5 star as one person commented. Andreas wasnt around to greet us leaving a mix up of which villa we were actually staying in so that didn't get the holiday off to a great start.
The pool was OK but wasn't maintained regularly with lavender and debris constantly blowing into it.
The location of the villas was the problem. They are located off a dirt track on the edge of nowhere. We as a family of 5 felt completely isolated, apart from a hotel a 5 minute walk away there is nothing around these villas. By way of evening entertainment, if it wasn't for the nearby Paneretti hotel and frankly that wasn't great, there was nothing. I would say a car is a must at these villas. Coral Bay is a good 25 minute walk away (especially with young children) and not 10 minutes as stated. In 40 degree plus heat this is not recommended either. The villas themselves are nice but the construction material and rubbish in nearby fields spoils the look of them completely.
Nearby Corillia Beach was shingle and quiet a strong current for young children under 5 with piles of rubbish swept up in a corner of the beach making it unsightly and off putting. Our children hated the beach and preferred to swim in the nearby Panaretti Hotel's pool rather than the one we had with the villa.
Coral Bay is disappointing, there are about 6 restaurants all serving up the same old touristy "average" food and the rest are expensive souvenir shops.
Paphos wasn't much better with a KFC, MacDonalds and Pizza Hut all greeting us on arrival, we were expecting quality cypriot/greek food and tavernas but no such luck. The harbour area is full of touts wanting you to go on excursions with about 10 fishing boats. Frankly we were hugely disappointed with the whole area, the endless rubbish everywhere, people out to rip you off, unsightly beaches and location of the villas. Steer clear.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank LauJessO
ageorgiou, Owner at Sea Point Villas, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Greetings from Sea Point Villas Cyprus and many thanks for taking the time to submit your review of our Villas on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us.

We pride ourselves on keeping our villas clean and presentable. They are homely villas which are comfortable and at the same time luxurious in order for your holiday to be an unforgettable experience.

I apologise for not being present at the time of your arrival. We do e mail all my guests detailed directions to the villas from Larnaka and Paphos airports with key instructions, so our guests are free to arrive at the villa at their leisure, therefore it is not normally a problem if nobody is around when my guests arrive. I do make a point to visit my guests as soon as I can to show them around the villa and give them advice about the local area.

The pools are cleaned and tested 3 times a week during peak months. It is a pity that you did not inform me that the lavender in the garden was problematic, as I would have addressed it immediately, had I been aware of the problem.

It is a shame that you found the location of the villas problematic, as this is exactly the draw card and requirement that many of my returning guests like about the villas. They are set in a tranquil environment and not near noisy pubs and restaurants while still close enough to the beaches and restaurants and the coast.

I would like to clarify some facts about the location :The closest sandy beach is just 700m away (Coralia Bay), the closest restaurant is 200m away in the Panareti resort, the closest children’s play ground is 300m away .The coast with small rock pools, which is used by most the diving schools in the area is just 300m from the villas. Note these distances can easily be verified independently by anyone wishing to do so by using Google Earth software, or Google maps.

The closest hotel , restaurant and Kiosk is 200m away from the villas and this distance is not a strenuous walk for most people. There are another 2 hotels within 1 km from the villa and a third 1.5km from the villas (Two of which are the only 5 star hotels in Coral Bay).

Within 200m to 1.3km from the villas there are 10 restaurants (Including a Greek Taverna) which are easily accessible from the villas, and which offer evening entertainment. Some of our guests have stated that they preferred the close proximity of these restaurants as they would then not have to worry about drinking and driving home late in the evening. There is also a bus stop 1km from the villas.

The main tourist road which is situated 2.5km from the villas in Coral Bay has approx 30 restaurants and bars, it unfortunately appears that you did not visit this road. We could have assisted you with recommendations to good restaurants had you informed us of your unhappiness at not finding good Cypriot food.

We need to point out that on our website we do recommend the hiring of a car for the duration of your stay here, as there are also some wonderful places to explore in Cyprus, such as Laura Beach, Polis, Latchi, tavernas in the villages, Troodos Mountains to name but a few. As you can see from previous reviews even though we do recommend a car our guests opinion varies greatly on the matter.

We would like to clarify that there are 2 Sandy blue flag beaches in the Coral Bay area , 1) Corallia beach which is 700m from the villas, and 2) Coral Bay Beach which is 1.5km from the villas. The 10 minute walk referred to in the previous review refers to Corallia Beach and not Coral Bay Beach as you have stated in your review. Coralia beach is 700 m to 1 km from the villa depending on the route taken so should take the average person 8 to 12 minutes to walk to. I will agree with you that in a 40 Degree summer day even a 10 minute walk with young children can be strenuous.

Coralia beach is a Blue flag beach which is close to my villas, it is a sandy beach and not shingle as you stated (Kindly see the two photos of Coralia beach that I have added). My 3 young daughters swim at Corallia Beach regularly and in my opinion it is clean and has a calm sea.

The building material which is situated in one of the fields near the villas is as a result of the building of the tennis court at the Panaretti resort, and upon completion, it will be removed. I would like to add that all my guests will be able to enjoy the usage of the tennis court as they currently do other facilities at Panaretti at no extra cost, including their heated pool, gym, outdoor pool, children’s play ground , and restaurant. Each villa is enclosed with its own walls and own private garden.The building material in another field a owned by Panareti should not have had a negative effect on your stay at your villa as it was not visible from your villa.

We pride on our service to our clients, to make you feel comfortable. Assistance was given with the booking of your plane ticket, bus schedules, and 10 children’s DVD’s to entertain the kids, extra milk in the welcome pack at your request . With Groceries as you know the supermarkets in Pegia deliver your shopping to your villa free of charge so shopping was not a problem. For emergencies there is a Kiosk 200m from the villa that is open at all hours.

There is a Bus service that runs until late hours night during the tourist season, the closest bus stop is approximately 1km from the villas. This costs 1 Euro each way.

The dirt track you refer to is a public road (Keratidiou street), the last 150m was not tarred but was well maintained crusher run (Maintained by the local council). The last 150m is currently being tarred by the Pegia Municipality, I will post a photo next week when the road is complete. For future guests the entire road will be tarred (From the second week of September 2011).

Finally I would like to point out that the location of the villas with detailed distances and satellite images and photos are available our website. Distances and details of the location were communicated to you by e mail before you booked the villa.

We are disappointed that you did not voice your concerns with us during your stay, as we would have tried to address any faults with our villas immediately. Even though you were disappointed with the entire area I do hope you will come back to our lovely Island in the future. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write about your time with us and for your feedback.

Kind Regards
Andreas Georgiou
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We stayed in Villa Chrisanthi- there are 3 Villas and 3 bungalows- all identical; Andreas and his family now live in one of the villas. The villa itself is beautiful, clean and well-equipped, the photo's do not mislead you in any way. Andreas and his family are so helpful and friendly. There are empty blocks of apartments that back on to the villas, they are new but unfinished and falling into disrepair. The photo's don't show these. If I am honest I would have hated being over- looked had they been in use. But they were only home to a few pigeons so I was relieved. Personally I really feel a hire car is essential. The Villas are somewhat off the beaten track- which is great but the beach and town that is within walking/bus distance doesn't do justice to the true Cyprus.We had a couple of nice meals out in the town but it was all bars and souvenir shops really and I was glad be staying where we were. We had a fabulous relaxing time and were able to drive over to some glorious unspoilt beaches and return back to the lovely pool for a barbeque and a good bottle of wine in the peace and quiet.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We booked our family holiday back in November 2010. This was the first time my grandchildren (aged 1 and 3) had been abroad and it was fair to say we were a little anxoius about the villa and its location. But we were pleasantly surpised when we arrived at Sea Point Villas.

We stayed at Villa Dimitra, No.4. It is situated in a quite clu-de-sac with 5 other villas and it was close to the sea front with a bouns of over looking the mountains. Its was approx 45 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes from the local amenities. A larger supermarket was in located in the main Coral Bay area, which were kind enough to bring you back to your villa once you had finished your shopping. Every morning we could walk to a nearby hotel for our papers.

The villa itself had 1 double bedroom and 2 twin rooms with 3 bathrooms. The kitchen/dinning area and living room were huge. Outside there was a dinning area and BBQ. The pool was a perfect size for the children and certainly helped us cool off.
Within 10 minutes walk from the villa there was a bar and a restuarant which were very pleasant, but it was in the main Coral Bay town where you would find a wider choice, which was only a short bus ride away (€2 return).

The beach was only a 10 miunte walk and was really pretty, sunbeds and umbrella's were surprisingly cheap. The kids had a lovely time building sand castles and playing in the rock pools.

We didn't have a hire car, we found everything within walking distance or accessible via the regular bus service.

From the moment we booked our holiday we had really good contact with Andreas, as he lives in one of the villas he was always on hand should we have had any questions.

We had the most amazing time on this holiday and our plans are to go back next year.

xx

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SallyPlumstead
Finland
Reviewed June 16, 2011

The pictures on the web page seemed very promising, as were the reviewes found here. So, we decided to go for it and reserved Villa Eleni for 9 days.

The first impression when driving into the parking slot was: Wow, this looks promising. That impression stayed after checking out the pool in the backyard and after doing the tour through the rooms. We were impressed: it was even better than in the pictures.

The villa has a huge living room with the kitchen at the other end, 1 master bedroom and 2 twin bedrooms. There are 3 bathrooms, 2 with showers and 1 with bathtub. All rooms were clean and decorated with a modern taste. The kids (Aged 9 and 11) really loved the private pool and there were even some toys to play with.

The location of the villa is a bit remote, so there are no restaurants or shops in the immediate vicinity, but the closest ones are in walking distance. The good side is that there are no large crowds of tourist nearby, so peace and quiet is guaranteed. I would recommend a rental car, but I'm sure it's possible to do without one.

Andreas, the owner, lives in one of the other villas. He was very friendly and helpful with anything we needed, as suggesting tavernas to eat or places to visit.

Overall, the villa exceeded all expections and we would defenitely recommend it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 8, 2011

I recently stayed here with my sister and my mother (for her 60th birthday). We choose these villas because they had received some great reviews on trip advisor, and I can say we were not disappointed. From my initial email enquiry the owner Andreas went above and beyond what I expected. I am a self confessed travel snob and I have to say that the standard of these villas exceeded my expectations. They were both modern and clean and set within perhaps one of the most peaceful areas in Coral Bay. While renting a car may be preferred by some, it is not necessary. We managed the entire week either on foot or bus. When we needed to go to the supermarket for our first shop Andreas kindly took us there and the supermarket brought us back. We all felt very comfortable walking at night (although I suggest taking a torch in your bag just in case the street lights are out). It's location is ideally suited for those wanting to get away and recharge ... I will most certainly stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Angela_T_2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paphos
Coral Beach Hotel & Resort
Cynthiana Beach Hotel
Cynthiana Beach Hotel
#2 of 4 in Kissonerga
SENTIDO Thalassa Coral Bay

Been to Sea Point Villas? Share your experiences!