“warning!!!! DO NOT COMPLAIN!!!!!”
Review of Petsas Apartments

Petsas Apartments
Ranked #16 of 83 Specialty Lodging in Paphos
Swansea, United Kingdom
“warning!!!! DO NOT COMPLAIN!!!!!”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My first warning which is very important is ‘DON`T COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING’…
I did and boy did we pay the price….
On arrival we weren’t impressed with the building but hoped the other side would be better…nope..
Room was clean but that was all.. no air con so asked about it and was told that you had to pay. This was my first complaint that according to his website air con was free and I have copied and pasted this from his site…"T.V, Bathroom, A/C - Heating (free of charge)"
I had to pay 7 euros a day (49 in total) and then you didn’t have full days as arrived late evening and left by midday so really it should have been 6 days…apart from the fact it should have been FREE!!!
So when I mentioned this he didn’t care and said pay or nothing..charming!!
There is a small step into the room which wasn’t told about and stubbed toe, no cushions on sofa so had to use pillows.. Again advertised daily cleaning which we had but towels and sheets were changed only once, so the dirty towels that were on the floor were picked up and folded so glad I took my own.. Bath is a death trap as very slippery no bath mat given and door was so close to you brushing yr teeth my partner scraped his back on the door handle which left a nasty bruise..Pool on arrival was dirty and cloudy so didn’t bother with it til last day and then it had been cleaned but too late then we were put off…We ate there first day which was the only day as too dry and veg boiled too hell….
I had an accident, cut my finger badly and asked for first aid kit which consisted of some liquid in Greek and a bandage, no one from the hotel came to see if I was ok so when I knew I needed to go to the hospital after asking 3 times to call me a taxi and trying to find out where the nearest medical centre was finally got the proper treatment but again no one from the hotel cared and not once was I asked if I was ok after…our flight wasn’t til late and taxi was at 6.30 pm but had to be out of the room by 12.30...we did ask for another room and would pay but nothing available no surprise there…we were allowed by the pool and use of sun bed but were not offered any towels to lay on as sun bed was mesh and uncomfortable….not even a thank you for staying when we left haha like I was expecting one!!! This is a cheap place not worthy of 3 star and doesn’t live up to anything so on that note I would never recommend this place for anything!!!
This however did not spoil my holiday…we meet fab people who made us feel at home so much we are going back but renting a villa this time..(go on owners direct website).. Good place to eat is Blazing saddles and the elvis show is brill..Kiddos was our fav as the entertainment was really good varying from duo singers to dancers everynight, the shows were very good…If you love sushi a must is Wabi Sabi you will get star treatment and also food cooked live on a hot plate with the chef doing some entertainment which was fab…Paphos was 20 mins by bus (615) which are every 10-15 mins and cost 3 euros for a whole days travelling…While your in paphos harbour book your jeep or cruise trips as they are much cheaper than the shop agents…It is very hot out there at the moment so take care as burnt within 10 mins of just walking around...

Room Tip: go somewhere else!!!!
1 Thank nov000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2012

The apartment are in a quiet area far enough from the nightlife to get a good rest at night. The nightlife is only a 5 to 10 min walk away. We went self catering, we ate th the attached resturant most evenings as the food was so good, and really reasonable compared to some of the other resturants. We have never seen such large portions. The family that run the Petsas are lovely people. The beach is a bit of a trot but you can get a bus outside Zentas bar also a good place for 1euro. If you are not hireing a car the bus service is great a 3euro pass will take you all around all day on as many busses as you need. Would highly recommend the Petsas for all, young and old.

Room Tip: Away from the pool
4 Thank RUSSELLS10
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2012

me and my partner stopped here the 10th june for a week fo the price we were well impresed with the apartments, very clean and very spacious had pool view which was nice had a lovely view looking onto the main strip...that was a 5 min walk blazing saddes was amazin for watchin the football and the millenium bar with different acts on was amazin we were with a group of 25 on a wedding !! food in the apartments was lovely and staff and cleaners were so friendly!! i was late checking into apartments when we arrived no one was there at 1am they left me a note on main door to say my key was in the door waitin for us which we thought was nice of them and a nice bottle of wine..would def reccommend these apartments real value for money..u must try the frog and toad english couple run it and fish and chips r just like walking into a chip shop amazing...

2 Thank julie768
Newbury
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Stayed here end of April for one week. Apartments are large and very clean. Beds and towels were changed every other day and we also had lots of spare towels and sheets and pillow cases in the wardrobes. I shared a 2 bed apartment with 2 other people and my sister shared a one bed apartment with one other person. Both apartments had a sofa bed in the lounge so everyone was able to have their own bedroom.
Very well placed, being a 5 min walk from the strip of restaurants and just across the road from Phillipos supermarket which has everything you could want - including a cafe doing excellent bacon or sausage rolls for 2 euros 50.
Very highly recommend the King Solomon Tavern which is also just across the road. The most excellent food we tasted while in Cyprus. Their meze just keeps on coming and all for 13 euros. They also do an amazing set menu - 3 courses for 10 euros. It is not just the price the food and service are second to none. I would go back to Cyprus just to eat here again.

Room Tip: 2nd floor for sunsets
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank tillyellen
Falkirk Scotland UK
Reviewed November 7, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Petsas Hotel for 2 weeks from 22/10/2011 and we had a brilliant time. We had a spacious lounge/diner come kitchen with separate roomy bedroom. Maid service everyday with clean towels everyday too if desired. The hotel was very clean and family run, They were friendly and very helpful. the furniture solid and comfortable with a balcony on which we enjoyed some amazing sunsets. The swimming pool was cold but refreshing, we are Scottish and used to cold water lol. Lots of sunbeds round the pool and a poolside bar (not open as it was out of season, but would be good in high summer). Being late in the season, we had the pool terrace practically to ourselves which was nice not having to bag a favourite spot by the pool. We were self catering to try the various travernas and bars on the "Strip" which is only 5 mins walk away, and were not disappointed. Lots of good eating places. some with entertainment like the Millenium Bar with a great show from Elvis, some places had Greek dancing and 2 great Friday nights were spent at the Blazing Saddles bar, with really good entertainers who had everyone singing and dancing with them. Great fun. There is a really good supermarket across the road from Petsas and has everything you could want. Upstairs in the supermarket there is a very nice cafe which you can eat in or take away, I can recommend the bacon butties and the carrot cake. Coral Bay beach is just a 10-15 min walk away which was lovely. The hotel is great value for money and we would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a budget holiday. We had dinner one night at the hotel and the food and service was great, but no entertainment, so preferred to eat out. The local bus service is brilliant and for 2 euros you can get a day ticket to go around Paphos. We had a really good holiday and will go back thanks to Christos and his family.

Room Tip: Room 106 has a lovely sea view
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
14 Thank lizziss
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Just returned from Petsas and were very pleased with what we found. As previously mentioned the apartments were in need of updating but they were spacious and had everything you needed if you wanted to self cater, even though we did not do so. For the price paid the accommodation could not be beaten. We had breakfast as the hotel which was nicely presented by very polite staff. Did not have an evening meal in the hotel. The hotel is in a great situation being about 5 minutes walk from the restaurants and bars of Coral Bay, but far enough away to be out of the noise. There is an excellent supermarket just over the road from the hotel. All in all I believe that the hotel provides good value for money. Our room was on the first floor with sea view but our friends had a second floor room with a better sea view.

Room Tip: Our friends had a room on the 2nd floor with sea view which was better than the sea view on the firs...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
10 Thank gavdot
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed at the hotel for 2 weeks and were happy with what we got. Although the rooms were slightly dated they were quite spacious and clean. The swimming pool does get deep quite quickly however was still nice. The hotel is close to the beach/bars/restaurants with a great supermarket opposite. The hotel is by no means 5 star however for the amount of money we paid were were very happy with what we got in return.

• Stayed October 2011