“Best relaxing 2-week holiday ever”
other traveler has booked this property
Pool Area Of House Pergola
Kitchen
Twin Room
Fire Place
Pool
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
DiHindle
Falls Church, Virginia
“Best relaxing 2-week holiday ever”
Reviewed April 5, 2012 for a stay in March 2012

I chose the bungalow as I went with my 82 year old father who walks on sticks. What a wonderful relaxing time we had. The weather was great, we had no interference or noise from anyone else. The service from Andreas and his wife was superb, from organising a taxi on arrival, to suggesting a hire car company, which I used. Suggesting places to go, how to get there and hosting my father and me for dinner on our last night. Although the place is isolated, 2 minutes would have you at a sandy beach, and a little village with several great restaurants, bars, supermarkets, etc. Although the days were gloriously warm, the evenings were pretty cold - but the villa had heating as well as AC. We did our own cooking, washing etc. Fab. Would definitely go again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Peace and quiet
Liked least: Can't think of anything
Traveling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Ealinf

Your age range 25-34
UK
Reviewed September 24, 2011 for a stay in September 2011

Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 45-54
Witney
Reviewed September 22, 2011 for a stay in June 2011

Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
Southampton
Reviewed September 22, 2011 for a stay in June 2011

Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 25-34
Disappoin...
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Not what it says on the tin”
Reviewed August 4, 2011 for a stay in July 2011

We stayed in the Villa Anastasia in Coral Bay in July 2011. The villas are clean and well presented, but the TV wasn't great and we had difficulty finding any english channels. The pool was OK but wasn't maintained on a daily basis as we thought it should have been as lavender round the edge of the pool was constantly blowing into it. The location of the villas was the problem. They are located off a dirt track on the edge of nowhere. We are a family of 5 and felt completely isolated, apart from a hotel a 5 minute walk away there is nothing around these villas. By way of evening entertainment then if it wasn't for the nearby Paneretti hotel and frankly that wasn't great, we don't know what we would have done. I would say a car is a must at these villas. Coral Bay is a good 25 minute walk away (especially with young children) and not 10 minutes as stated. In 40 degree plus heat this is not recommended either. The villas themselves are nice but there is construction material and rubbish all round the nearby fields which spoils them completely.
Nearby Corillia Beach was shingle and quiet a strong current for young children under 5 plus there was piles of rubbish all swept up in a corner of the beach which was unsightly and off putting. Our children hated the beach and preferred to swim in the nearby Panaretti Hotel's pool rather than the one we had with the villa.
Coral Bay is disappointing, there are about 6 restaurants all serving up the same old rubbish "average" food and the rest is expensive souvenir shops.
Paphos wasn't much better with a KFC, MacDonalds and Pizza Hut all greeting us on arrival, we were expecting quality cypriot/greek food and tavernas but no such luck. The harbour area is full of touts wanting you to go on excursions with about 10 fishing boats. Frankly we were hugely disappointed with the whole area, the beaches and the location of the villas. Steer clear.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Sunshine
Liked least: Location
Traveling group: Family with Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Aug 3, 2011
Greetings from Sea Point Villas Cyprus and many thanks for taking the time to submit your review of our Villas on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us.

We pride ourselves on keeping our villas clean and presentable. They are homely villas which are comfortable and at the same time luxurious in order for your holiday to be an unforgettable experience.

Each Villa has satellite TV with approximately 18 English News, movie , Series channels. The English channels are programmed from channel 1 to 18 so our guests do not have to search for them. It is a pity that you did not inform us about the problem in finding English channels during your stay we would have assisted you had we been made aware of the problem.

The pools are cleaned and tested 3 times a week during peak months. It is a pity that you did not inform me that the lavender in the garden was problematic, as I would have addressed it immediately, had I been aware of the problem.

It is a shame that you found the location of the villas problematic, as this is exactly the draw card and requirement that many of my returning guests like about the villas. They are set in a tranquil environment and not near noisy pubs and restaurants while still close enough to the beaches and restaurants and the coast.
I would like to clarify some facts about the location :The closest sandy beach is just 700m away (Coralia Bay), the closest restaurant is 200m away in the Panareti resort, the closest children’s play ground is 300m away .The coast with small rock pools, which is used by most the diving schools in the area is just 300m from the villas. Note these distances can easily be verified independently by anyone wishing to do so by using Google Earth software, or Google maps.

The closest hotel , restaurant and Kiosk is 200m away from the villas and this distance is not a strenuous walk for most people. There are another 2 hotels within 1 km from the villa and a third 1.5km from the villas (Two of which are the only 5 star hotels in Coral Bay).

Within 200m to 1.3km from the villas there are 10 restaurants (Including a Greek Taverna) which are easily accessible from the villas, and which offer evening entertainment. Some of our guests have stated that they preferred the close proximity of these restaurants as they would then not have to worry about drinking and driving home late in the evening. There is also a bus stop 1km from the villas.

The main tourist road which is situated 2.5km from the villas in Coral Bay has approx 30 restaurants and bars, it unfortunately appears that you did not visit this road. We could have assisted you with recommendations to good restaurants had you informed us of your unhappiness at not finding good Cypriot food.

We need to point out that on our website we do recommend the hiring of a car for the duration of your stay here, as there are also some wonderful places to explore in Cyprus, such as Laura Beach, Polis, Latchi, tavernas in the villages, Troodos Mountains to name but a few. As you can see from previous reviews even though we do recommend a car our guests opinion varies greatly on the matter.

We would like to clarify that there are 2 Sandy blue flag beaches in the Coral Bay area , 1) Corallia beach which is 700m from the villas, and 2) Coral Bay Beach which is 1.5km from the villas. The 10 minute walk referred to in the previous review refers to Corallia Beach and not Coral Bay Beach as you have stated in your review. Coralia beach is 700 m to 1 km from the villa depending on the route taken so should take the average person 8 to 12 minutes to walk to. I will agree that in a 40 Degree summer day even a 10 minute walk can be strenuous.

Coralia Bay is a Blue flag beach which is close to my villas, it is a sandy beach and not shingle as you stated. My 3 young daughters swim at Corallia Beach regularly and in my opinion it is clean and has a calm sea.

The building material which is situated in one of the fields near the villas is as a result of the building of the tennis court at the Panaretti resort, and upon completion, it will be removed. I would like to add that all my guests will be able to enjoy the usage of the tennis court as they currently do other facilities at Panaretti at no extra cost, including their heated pool, gym, outdoor pool, children’s play ground , and restaurant. Each villa is enclosed with its own walls and own private garden, the building material in another field a owned by Panareti should not have a negative effect on your stay at your villa as it was not visible from your villa.

We pride on our service to our clients, to make you feel comfortable. Assistance was given with the booking of your plane ticket, bus schedules, and 10 children’s DVD’s to entertain the kids, extra milk in the welcome pack for your arrival for the children and we were always available upon request. With Groceries as you know the supermarkets in Pegia deliver your shopping to your villa free of charge so shopping was not a problem. For emergencies there is a Kiosk 200m from the villa that is open at all hours.

There is a Bus service that runs until late hours night during the tourist season, the closest bus stop is approximately 1km from the villas. This costs 1 Euro each way.

The dirt track you refer to is a public road (Keratidiou street), the last 150m was not tarred but was well maintained crusher run (Maintained by the local council). The last 150m is currently being tarred by the Pegia Municipality I will post a photo next week when the road is complete.

Finally I would like to point out that the location of the villas with detailed distances and satellite images and photos are available our website. Distances and details of the location were communicated to you before you booked the villas.

We are disappointed that you did not voice your concerns with us during your stay, as we would have tried to address any faults with our villas immediately. Even though you were disappointed with the entire area I do hope you will come back to our lovely Island in the future. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write about your time with us and for your feedback.

Kind Regards
Andreas Georgiou
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing