“Nice place to have dinner”
Review of Cavallini

Cavallini
Ranked #32 of 548 Restaurants in Paphos
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Selsey UK
“Nice place to have dinner”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This was the other restaurant we went to more than once in Paphos.
Once again very good food and service, it is a very busy place so you should book if possible.
We had a table near to the pavement on the second occasion which was OK but if I go to Paphos again I would definitely use this restaurant and request a table a bit further away from the pavement.

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
UK
“Very Nice Indeed”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We met our grand parenmts who were also in Paphos while were we there. Based on some advice from a waitress from their hotel we booked a table at Cavallini. The menu was really good, everything you would expect from a quality italian. I had the sea bass which was cooked perfectly and my husband had spaghetti vongeli (bad spelling sorry!) also very tasty. Best of all was the pana cotta.... a perfect wobble and then coffee to die from... just like mama used to make!

Visited October 2012
Paphos, Cyprus
“Terrible Experience, Rudest Manager, Walked Out”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Went with family on 22/10/12 - a group of 7, myself, wife, our baby (9 months), my sister, her 12 year old son, and my mum and dad. We were seated near the front of the restaurant, and all the restaurant was far from full, the tables and chairs were too close together. The staff, keep tripping over chairs, and bumping into the backs of our chairs as they squeezed past to serve us drinks or take our orders (since we were at the front, these collisions all occurred when they were coming to our table, not other nearby tables). They nearly knocked my baby off his high chair more than once, and repeatedly bashed into the back of my own and my wife's chair, never once apologizing. They also abruptly told my wife to push her chair closer to the table (it was close as it could go) - my wife is quite slim, but barely had room to breathe as it was.

After my starter was brought to the table,it got to the point where we could take it no longer. There was an empty table behind us, so pushed the chairs that were under that table fully beneath it, in the hope that the staff would have a wider passage behind us, and be able to get past without colliding with us again. The manager immediately ran over and started loudly and repeatedly saying "why you do that?". I said because his staff kept bumping into my wife's and baby's chairs, and never even apologized.

The "why you do that?" was repeated again and again. In seconds, his face was 2 inches away from mine shouting at me to "sit down! sit down!".

Of course we decided to leave at this point. As were leaving 2 of the younger members of staff did offer apologies for their boss. I did ask if he was the manager or owner - they said he was the manager.

We love going to restaurants, especially when on vacation - but I've never bothered to write restaurant reviews, negative or positive before - not even once - but since was such a terrible experience, I felt I had to do something.

11 Thank S T
Perth, United Kingdom
“Worst Experience Ever”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

After being asked if we had a reservation : we were given Nod Nod Wink Wink THEN shown to a table in direct line with the kitchen and main restaurant.. Approx. seven waiters dashing past our table every few seconds ....Full plates, empty plates... what was meant to be a relaxing and calm meal turned out a nightmare ,,The Head waiter ran past our table - lifted my napkin and Threw it on my knee, Staff : not once did we see a smile - obviously under pressure from head guy FOOD : couldn't tell you it just stuck in my throat ! ! Dining out is not only about the quality of the food it's the whole experience, something they should take note off. A couple on their their own is as important as a whole group of people FOLKS - Go next door to Koi they know how to treat you ! !

9 Thank Benny960
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Italian Meal”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

What a great restaurant.
Situated in a small block of restaurants along the "hotel strip" it oozes class!
Not your average Italian. This is good well cooked food with friendly staff and a gantasic atmosphere.
The staff are friendly and attentive and a must if you are in Paphos and want a top Italian meal.

• Visited September 2012