“A Real Treat”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Found this last night and was really impressed from start to finish. The welcome was warm and the food was great.

The restaurant is above the Cavallinni restaurant so it is up a couple of flights of stairs which may make it inaccessible for some but once you are up there you can relax and enjoy a couple of hours of a French hospitality.

We ordered off the set menu for my wife (French onion soup, the steak with mushroom sauce and the profiteroles) and I ordered the venison followed by a chocolate mousse. To drink we had a baileys, champagne, water, coffee and a half bottle of the Beaujolais. All this for €70.

Before the starters arrived an amuse bouche of mini open sandwiches greeted us which were OK but not outstanding, plus some bread with garlic butter and olive tapenade that was very good indeed. The tapenade avoided the sometimes acidic flavours and was very flavoursome while the bread was warm and light.

My wife's onion soup was well cooked with loads of flavour and a tasty cheese crostini. My venison was cooked perfectly with a robust and tasty mushroom and onion sauce while the veg were tasty and with a bite. It was also well complimented by the Beaujolais which was cracking 2 year old version of the famous French Classic that grew as the dinner went on. My wife's steak was well cooked although the fries were sadly missing.

The profiteroles were good but my wife said not the best ever however my chocolate mousse was light and rich and a great way to end the evening. We did have an espresso, cappuccino and then a brandy and orange liqueur on the house. The cappuccino was the only disappointment of the evening, possible the worst effort I have ever seen, a weak white coffee with a thin layer of froth, however my espresso was excellent smooth and not bitter and the complimentary drinks including the brandy warmer were very pleasant.

This is up there as our joint favourite place so far along with Asiachi in the Amathus. A real find and a place I would recommending going to especially as next time we will have the crepe suzette and watch the waiter make them in the dining area.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Due to our friends saying how good the food was we went for my husbands birthday.
The food was ok but the monkfish was tough and not easy to cut through, so would definately not recommend it. My husband had prk medallions which were fine.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

we had a fantastic evening for my husbands birthday,as always great atmosphere,great service,and wonderful food,great singing of happy birthday! good fun! lovely staff

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We visited Gabor twice during our weeks stay in Paphos, once as a couple and once with friends. On both occasions we opted for the set price menu at just under 18 euros per head, there was a good selection of options to choose from all of which sounded extremely appetising.
Without boring everybody with our exact selections I would simply say that all the dishes were excellent, we all agreed that they represented exceptional value for money and we would willingly have paid double. The wines are excellent value and I would highly recommend the white Persefoni at 15 euros bottle it is amazing.
I have noted that there are some references to surly and tired Staff at Gabor I have to say that we did not experience this quite the contrary we found them to be very accommodating, helpful and friendly.
We ate at a number of other restaurants during our stay in Paphos and nothing came close to here either in terms of quality or value for money. As the title suggests this place is simply excellent, enjoy

Reviewed October 17, 2013

My wife & I were in Paphos for a week and tried 4 of the top 10 rated restaurants in Paphos & Gabor was by far & away the best. The staff, service, food, value for money etc was so superior that we re-attended on our last day in Paphos and on leaving the restaurant my wife was given a single rose, which was a touch far above anything we had experienced before.
Gabor has a set menu which costs less than 18euro and the menu on offer is absolutely outstanding. You are also served canope's, followed by a hot crusty loaf which was delicious, you are mindful that there are 3 courses to follow, so when you attend ensure you are very hungry, because the food is far too good to leave.
The quality of the food is far superior to anything else on offer in Paphos, when accompanied by staff who are obviously well trained, polite and not hovering over your shoulder like so many other establishments.
Unless you book a table, I would advise you attend as soon as the premises open at 6pm in October as when we were leaving at 7.30pm the restaurant was filling rapidly.
To sum up, if you are in Paphos and do not attend you will have missed a restaurant second to none.