“A Pleasure for the Palate”
Review of Gabor Restaurant

Gabor Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 581 Restaurants in Paphos
Cuisines: French
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We booked here and enjoyed the experience so much we booked again for our last night on holiday in Paphos. Gabor is not the easiest of places to find but is certainly well worth the effort. The fixed price menu at €17 looks a bargain but it wont break the bank to go a la carte. Two courses were enough for us, since amouse bouche and bread were provided. We chose Magret de canard and filet de porc millefeul. Both were perfectly cooked and superbly presented. A real joy We then shared crepes Suzettes, flambeed at our table with an Oscar winning performance by John. Most enjoyable. Our second visit was equally enjoyable and we can highly recommend this restaurant if you enjoy good food, perfectly cooked. Total bill each night with Kir Royal, wine and coffees was about €80 including tip.

1  Thank Docken

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We went here after seeing the special menu for €17 and the food was so amazing we booked and went back 2 days later. Everything served here is exquisite. The prawn starter in garlic sauce is really nice, I had the lemon sole which was cooked perfectly for main. The fixed price menu is definately a bargain and will be returning here on my next trip to paphos.

1  Thank tashao23
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We have just visited Gabor for my wife's birthday treat. And what a treat! A comprehensive and truly French menu (including a very reasonable three course prix fixe option) - I had frog's legs and my wife had snails - superbly cooked food; I have never had such succulent filets of pork. And as for the blackberries flambeed in pernod at your table...truly magnifique! But the piece de resistance was the carnation and chef's happy birthday creation. I had feared some small sponge chocolate cake with a candle when our host said they would do something for the occasion - but this was fantastic! I will not spoil a surprise for someone else by revealing the detail..... The best meal for a long time and considering the quality excellent value for money.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We Visited Gabor on two occasions during our one week stay in Paphos, the first night down to complete luck as this was the first time the restaurant had been open in at least ten years of travelling to Cyprus, and the second time, the night after, due to the fact we were so impressed.

The staff at Gabor are friendly and welcoming, focusing on the little touches that make your time in the restaurant special and memorable. From the moment you walk through the doors, you are made to feel like a valued guest.

The menu is extensive offering a wide range of choices to suit all tastes and budgets, with the set menu being exceptional value for money. I am a vegetarian and was at first, slightly unsure about visiting Gabor since there are no vegetarian options on the menu. This, however, was not a problem for the wonderful staff and chef at Gabor who worked hard to not only design me a special Vegetarian menu especially for me, but to make it some of the best vegetarian food I have tasted whilst on holiday abroad!

In addition, on our second visit, I arrived quite prepared to have the same meal I had enjoyed the night before, but was surprised to find out that the Chef had designed yet another fabulous option especially for me.

I would certainly recommend visiting Gabor as the staff go to great lengths to make their customers happy.

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

My only negative is the Tripadvisor App which is clueless regarding Geography. This restaurant was actually next door to the Amathus resort but was not shown as nearby at all. A very good job we ignored the CRAP Tripadvisor app!!!
This is a superb restaurant just east of the Amathus resort and an exceptional place to eat. The menu and the actual food captures the excellence of French cuisine but at the same time is a friendly enjoyable place to eat. If you want a really enjoyable meal this is the place to go.