“A warm welcome awaits you!”

Windmill Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 544 Restaurants in Paphos
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff
Description: The Windmill is a family run restaurant owned from Chris Kathitziotes and his family for more than 30 years. The restaurant offers a large selection of Cypriot and International food. It is also specialised in Meze.Availlable for wedding receptions and other parties. Reasonable prices.
Stanford-Le-Hope, United Kingdom
“A warm welcome awaits you!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Visited The Windmill on recommendation,and was not disappointed!
Food was reasonably priced and beautifully cooked and service by this family run restaurant was excellent!
It was slightly difficult to find though but well worth a visit!

• Visited June 2013

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
“Our wedding 4 July 2013”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had our wedding reception at The Windmill on 4 July. It was amazing everything we hoped for and more. We had the Greek meze cooked by Nancy's mum which was delicious there was so many dishes but we had to try everything I don't think I've ever been so full! The food was cooked to perfection, also try Nancy's brothers mojitos they are so good. Nancy has been so unbelievably helpful with every aspect of our wedding planning I don't think there is anything she can't do! Nancy and her family made our day so special nothing was to much trouble and the atmosphere was fantastic. If your in paphos you must visit you won't be disappointed!! I can't wait to go back!

• Visited July 2013
NancyKathitziotou, Manager at Windmill Restaurant, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Claire thank you so much for your kinds words on your lovely review! Was a pleasure for me and my family to arrange your wedding reception and make it so special for you and your guests.
Please give our regards to your dad as well who really enjoyed his night and the greek dancing.
All the best for future.
Nancy and family x :)
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Very Good”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We visited the Windmill restaurant following the fantastic reviews on here, and we were not disappointed.

After a relatively long search we managed to find the Windmill Restaurants, much to our relief. It is tucked away in one of the side streets. If possible I would recommend some sort of signage to ensure people know where they are going. As I say it is tucked away, but is so good that people deserve to know about how good it really is. A simple '500 metres to restaurant' type sign would definitely help.

I just wanted to comment on the service first of all. We were served by Charlie throughout and he was brilliant. He had a constant smile on his face and was extremely helpful at all times. As is often the case with the more popular restaurants in Paphos this is a family run business and it really shows. Charlie and his sister were great fun and we enjoyed the meal that much more because of them.

We had a few issues when we ordered the food, as the menu doesn't appear to have a great amount of detail. If we were to make a suggestion, our only suggestion would be to have a brief description of what the meal consists of. Truth be told it wasn't a major issue, as 'Father Windmill', for want of a better name, knew the menu inside out and told us all we needed to know. But I think a little more detail on the menus would be useful anyway. Other than that there was something for everyone.

To start with we had a portion of fried prawns. As portion sizes go this was very generous compared to other places where we had similar dishes. It came with a lovely fresh salad and a dip which was also very nice. For main meals I had a lovely steak which was one of Father Windmills' own recipes and was very nice. My girlfriend had the Chicken Fiacanta(?) which was also very nice. Both came with nicely cooked potatoes and vegetables.

The deserts deserve a paragraph of their own. I had seen the banana split was quite popular so this is what I went for, and it was lovely! The bananas were gorgeous and I assume they are bought locally. My girlfriend had the mixed fruit platter, which was basically a fruit kebab, but I have never known anyone to rave so much about fruit!! The fruit was again incredibly fresh, and I didn't stop hearing about it for the rest of the holiday. Not only did it go down extremely well with my girlfriend, but it also led to a hilarious conversation between ourselves and Charlie about what the different fruits were. Charlie was a great laugh throughout and him and his sister are a credit to the restaurant.

We thought it was good value for money relative to other places we had eaten. We got some very nice complimentary cocktails from Charlie to finish off, which were exceptional and really topped the meal off.

Overall we had a great time and would definitely come here again.

Mark & Rachel

• Visited July 2013
bridgend,south wales
“Nicole & David's Wedding reception”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Where do I start,what an amazing restaurant,I held my wedding reception here and it exceded all I could have imagine,the decorations were amazing,the setting was stunning,I had a bbq meze which was out of this world with dishes I would never have tried before,food was well presented and tasted amazing,Nancy the owner is an absolute god send,she arrange every little thing for me and paid amazing attention to detail,if you are ever in the Paphos area then pay the Windmill a visit,you will not be disappointed,I am hoping to return to Cyprus in the future and I will definately be having a meal at the Windmill,thank you Nancy for everything you did for me to make my day so special

Visited July 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Lovely atmosphere - great food”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Lovely food, and plenty of choices available, even on the set menus. My girlfriend and I both chose Dolmades for our main and it was delicious - the best main we had on our stay in Paphos! The waiter then recommended Baklava for our dessert, which is a sweet, nutty pastry I suppose - went down very well. This restaurant dates to 1977, and has been recommended by a major British newspaper since the mid 80s. It is a nice family-run restaurant - our waiter being the Grandson of the original owner! Had a very friendly feel to it. A thoroughly enjoyable evening!

• Visited June 2013