“excellent food - just felt rushed to finish”

Imperial Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #64 of 542 Restaurants in Paphos
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Since the Imperial Chinese Restaurant made its debut in 2000, it has become, quite simply, the standard by which all other Paphos Chinese cuisine is judged.
Paphos, Cyprus
“excellent food - just felt rushed to finish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

For my birthday dinner 6 of us went to the Imperial. Having been there before I had high expectations. I arrived at 8.30 the others were already seated and waiting. It was already quite busy so we made our choices and ordered our food.

The starters arrived and were as delicious as I remembered and we were eating, chatting and enjoying the very pleasant surroundings. The waitress was hovering and started to clear the table before we had all finished- I hate this, it's rude, I don't care how busy it was getting, we would never have booked if they had told us we were restricted for time.

Main course arrived and we got more drinks. Once again the food was delicious and we were all extremely happy with our choices. By now there was a queue building at the entrance, the very reason we arrived early. Having finished our food the table was cleared, at least they waited until we had all finished this time. We weren't offered any more drinks and we were beginning to feel like we were meant to finish what we had and leave. Admittedly, we did not advise them that this was a birthday celebration however this should not matter. I appreciate that the restaurants have a short time during the summer season to boost their takings but most of the clientele here appeared to be locals so this is not really an issue as they will eat all year round. Luckily none of us are the type to be pushed around so we finished in our own time before asking for the bill.

My husband and I usually eat out in the middle of the week because it's quieter so I was not expecting it to be so busy. The food did not suffer due to numbers it was simply an issue of timing. It certainly won't put me off visiting again but I'll definitely go mid week.

The moral here is, if you want an excellent meal but hate feeling rushed choose an off peak day or eat early.

• Visited August 2014

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
“Extremely stylish and modern but lacks atmosphere!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

Just visited this restaurant whilst in Paphos for the evening, on first appearance it has amazing kerb appeal and looks very stylish and cool and this is what attracted us in. It was a nice warm evening so we opted to sit outside on the balcony area. We were greeted by the waiter who took our drinks order (no draught beers of large bottles just small bottles and large prices). We then ordered our food which came out very promptly, but the main problem with the food is that all the separate dishes we not put onto food warmers and so went cold very quickly in the evening air. When I asked for food warmers they didn't seen to understand what our issue was? Although on the inside area of the restaurant all the other diners had food warmers. When I asked again to another waiter he just said that they are for inside only and we asked to sit outside....??? As for the food it was OK but nothing special but the main issue is that the place lacks any sort of atmosphere whatsoever, the waiters lack any sort of spark and there is not even any background music or anything. In summary too many frills and no substance, won't be returning!

• Visited August 2014
Kent, United Kingdom
“Stylish and cool”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

A great looking, stylish, and reasonably priced chinese restaurant. Lots of stairs up to restaurant. Unfortunately our evening was spoilt by some diners allowing their children to run wild amongst other diners. Standard chinese type food.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Lily49
Roydon, Essex
“Fantastic Chinese & Thai Food & Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

Our first visit was 18th July 2014. Restaurant had been recommended by other guests staying at the Annabelle Hotel. The restaurant has great decor and is very clean. We ordered Chinese. They don't do a sharing platter for starters (which we recommend they do) but agreed to do smaller portions of prawn toasts, honey Ribs & spring rolls. Then we had duck/pancakes followed by Beef in Black Bean, Sweet/Sour chicken, Rice and Singapore Noodles all of which were fantastic. To accompany this we had 2 lovely bottles of Pinot Grigio. All the staff where extremely friendly and helpful. Having had such a good meal and in Paphos for 2 weeks we returned on the 23rd July and tried the Thai dishes again we were not disappointed and the satay sauce is the best I have ever had.
I would highly recommend this restaurant and if ever back in Paphos would definitely dine there again.

Note to RestaurantRover71- Chop Suey is beanprouts, Chow mein is noodles

• Visited July 2014
North East Scotland
“Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We had a take away twice from the Imperial during our recent stay in Paphos.
The portions are large and very tasty and good value.
The free delivery service is fast.
When we return to Paphos next summer the Imperial is a must

Visited July 2014