“A solo meal in Pafos”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I had eaten here once before in June 2013 with a party of colleagues and the food was good, so I decided to give it another go on 14 November 2013.
The first plus is that Hondros has a huge car park, so none of the try to find a parking space game.The second plus is that this has the feel of an old authentic Cypriot restaurant.
I arrived at the restaurant at 19:00 and there was only one other table occupied. The greeting was friendly and the Keo beer nicely chilled.
Decided to give the first course a miss and ordered stifado as the main course. the food arrived within ten minutes and was good and of a generous portion size. By this time three other tables were occupied, which compared to other local restaurants was good for the time of the year.
As I was limited for time i didn't try dessert, but asked for the bill, which arrived promptly and was very reasonably priced.

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Recommended this restaurant by a friend and was initially impressed at our enthusiastic welcome and starters....lovely calamari, however....having chosen lamb kleftiko as recommended was served beef stifado (at least it def tasted of beef) which was tasty but I ate that the night before! Then mains delivered to table before starter plates removed, then later we waited what seemed like hours before managed to get attention of staff to get dessert menus, no one came to take our order so we abandoned dessert and got the bill as needed to get home with our 4 month old (who was asleep the whole time). It felt like we had been ignored in preference of the larger and more lucrative table of foreigners! I think we were just unlucky, and I don't usually complain but it was our last night in cyprus (on our first family holiday with our 4 month old daughter) and we had wanted it to be special. I think there needs to be better management of the service/waiting staff as the food itself was good and it's the first place we found that did small carafes of wine! Unfortunately we probably won't return....

1  Thank AToad
Reviewed November 6, 2013

we ate here last night.pork of the barbecue,affelia for my husand,pork hard and dry,inedible,,affelia dry,chips disgusting ,we complained and were offered other dishes,my husband said take off 10 euros, we left most of the food.paid a full bill and left.we have been using this restrauratr for years. wont go back.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Kato Paphos offers massive of restaurant choice (most of which appear very touristy) so we went to this one as it was recommended by our hotel.

The dips and bread were yummy and really generous. We had lamb after that which had been cooked on the spit outside. Again the portions were really generous and the meat was really tender and tasty. It was a good location - near the centre of town but slighly tucked away from the main drag. We dined outdoors under a vine canopy. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

This taverna is really worth going to, the staff are all helpful and really friendly. We ate outside there twice and the food was lovely and very reasonably priced. The whole experience lifted our spirits after having eaten in other places but not finding the atmosphere we wanted, we found it here and I would recommend it to anyone.