“Good cypriot food and a warm welcome”
Review of Hondros

Hondros
Ranked #55 of 558 Restaurants in Paphos
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We visited Hondros Taverna on our last night in Paphos and pushed the boat out with 3 courses. We were attracted by the outside rotisserie and were warmly welcomed by a waiter as soon as we arrived on the terrace. I didn't fancy any of the starters on the menu but on request an enormous bowl of salad was brought to me which my husband had to help me finish. For main courses we had Kleftiko and Grilled Chicken, both of which were excellent with lovely roast potatoes. Portions were big and everything was beautifully cooked and very tasty. The chocolate brownie dessert was excellent, as was the apple pie which was more like a tarte tatin - really indulgent. Not the cheapest - but worth the money.

There are newer reviews for Hondros

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We are on our second night in Paphos and last night (our first night) we visited Hondros Taverna as it was recommended by a guy who helped us with directions! Set just to the side of the harbour bus stop you would think it unpleasant, however, the restaurant is surrounded with plants and trees and covered with vines so it gives you the feel you are in a village. It was very traditional with traditional music and felt very ethnic. With my husband being a 'North London Cypriot' and myself being half Greek this was just the kind of place we were looking for and I felt as if I was eating my nana's cooking!!! The house red was also delicious and the Shefdalia was a treat. The taverna was also filled with Greeks, which was a nice difference from the tourist traps that we generally try to avoid. Staff were pleasant enough and prices not the best but OK. I am sure we will visit this restaurant again at least a couple more times during our stay and would recommend it.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

this is the oldest taverna in paphos we ate there twice and the food was excellent. staff also verynice

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We choose this restaurant for its greek atmosphere and the fact that it had a really nice smelling rotisserie outside set to tempt you in, but unfortunately the meat was quite dry and tasteless which was incredibly disappointing for our last evening.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by Orsi who works at the Pyramos Hotel where we were staying as a wonderful place to try the Meze. We went for the mixed Meze (fish and meat) and spent two wonderful hours sampling so many wonderful dishes. They grill the chicken and pork out in the open at the front of the restaurant, and the smells are amazing. The staff are also friendly and helpful. During a one week stay we ate there 3 times. On the third time, it was my husbands birthday. We had a lovely meal of dips with pitta bread, and then two wonderful main courses, plus a couple of drinks. We were just about to order Cypriot coffees to finish the meal, when the manager brought over a plate with a scrummy chocolate brownie, ice cream on top and a lit candle in the ice cream, as a gift from the restaurant to my husband for his birthday. A lovely touch from a lovely people. Can not recommend Hondros enough. If you go to Paphos, you must eat there (just along from the bus station)