“Simplicity at its best-I luv it here, don't think this place is a secret anymore!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 7 St. Georges Tavern

7 St. Georges Tavern
Ranked #3 of 536 Restaurants in Paphos
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: It should be noticed that the establishment is a very traditional one, in more ways than appearance. It is an old building of stone and wood. The two dining rooms are decorated with antiques and items from the old household of rural Cyprus. The garden is very pleasant with flowers and herbs growing all around it. The food is traditional and seasonal. We cook everything that can grow in Cyprus, basing a lot of our food on traditional dishes, and wild vegetables, picked by ourselves. We serve Meze, which traditionally means delicate taste, and in Cyprus it is used to mean a variety of delicacies. A typical meze at the 7 St Georges will start with salad and between 6-10 appetizers, this will differ every night but may include, homegrown olives, cured meats, dips and pickles. The meze will continue with a variety of traditional and some times contemporary meat and vegetable dishes. We use only the best meats to provide mouthwatering roasts and succulent casseroles, you can expect to enjoy our now well known Kleftico (lamb or beef on the bone cooked in sealed ovens, succulent) and a vegetarians delight of vegetable dishes, depending on the season they will include, rice stuffed marrow flowers, bumyas (ochra) cooked in a tomato and mint sauce, black eyed beans with home grown marrow, tomato fritters, cheese and vegetable pies. The meze will be about 20 dishes, depending how much one can eat, expect to be surprised and delighted at the array of dishes that will be brought to you over the meal (expect to be eating for about 2 hours), at the 7 St Georges we serve quality food in an informal and comfortable setting, take your time and enjoy the experience.
Paphos, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Beautiful, unique, looking forward to next visit. Great food, fabulous service, this place really shows u the local hospitality at its very best. I have fantastic memories of my visits here, u never feel let down n always leave fully satisfied.

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
lancashire
“Interesting change from hotel food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We had the meze here last week and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. Great variety of small dishes served by attentive and helpful staff in attractive surroundings under the vines. The freshly baked bread was delicious as were the numerous dishes which kept coming until we called a halt and left room for the pudding. Well worth a visit but you need a taxi or car.

• Visited October 2012
Israel
“beautifull tavern in euroskipou”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

great tavern in the towwn of euroskopou neer pafos. great traditional food (meze) in an old house, decorated beautifully/

Visited December 2011
Plymouth
“Favourite meal of the week”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

So good we went twice! The food is slow cooked, rustic and delicious. Small plates after small plates of tradional cypriot/greek dishes including freshly baked bread. I particularly liked the melt in the mouth chicken with mushrooms. Exceptional value for money, unmissable!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank lilley81
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“A traditional setting a great night out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Mixed feelings here because whilst I thoroughly enjoyed our night out the trouble is I simply read too many reviews and it kind of spoilt it. I knew what the host would say before he said it and he is very smooth but welcoming! I loved the setting so cute and authentic, though I was surprised as we drove off a huge road with massive shops on the Paphos outskirts and in the daylight I suspect not as quaint but it matters not!
I'm afraid in my opinion the reviews exaggerate the food quantities (just to emphasise I am size 12 around 5ft 9 with a normal appetite) so I paced myself so I could try everything and didn't fill up on the lovely warm bread but to be honest by the time the goat came - yes it's not endless they look at you as if to say that's it but if you want more we could bring it (you greedy...) and being British I said no fine let's do pudding. Infact I had room but that's probably because I adored the smaller portions of veg meze so different and tasty. The meat was beautifully cooked but I'm not a huge fan and I don't enjoy eating it endlessly whereas if you do then you'll love it here. My teenage carnivorous son was very full so there you go! The wine was great (tasted buttery like a Auzzie chardonnay can't comment on the red) am sure if I drank enough I would get a headache - sorry guys.
The puddings are not what I imagine typical cypriot dishes are though we loved them nonetheless - sticky toffee, rich chocolate, apple crumble and the lemon I read so much about lacked zing I adore in a citrus pud it was a kind of jelly tart texture under sponge so not my thing the but the others were tip top. I'm so glad we went but I wouldn't go again unless I could be sure of more fish or veg options and am sure they would arrange this if you called ahead. Finally if you have a phobia of cats it's not for you as there are lots of well fed cats who beg for any excess bits of meat.

• Visited November 2012