“Cook your own !”

Oliveto Stonegrill Dining
Ranked #232 of 566 Restaurants in Paphos
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Oliveto Stonegrill Concept. The method of cooking food on stones can be traced back to the Ancient Egyptians and Vikings. Now, Oliveto Stonegrill offers a unique interactive dining experience where diners meals are served cooking at the table on super-heated natural volcanic stones. These specially selected stones, chosen for their high heat retention, are heated to 400°C (752°F) in our purpose-built Stonegrill oven. Meals are presented within a protective ceramic serving tray, sided by vegetables and condiments. The high temperature obtained with the Stonegrill Method, sears the product faster and locks in the natural juices and nutrients, enhancing the full flavour and tenderness of all foods. The unique "dry cooking" method, uses no added fats or oils and sears the food without burning. This method also eliminates product shrinkage, taste transfer from cooking compounds and carbonization of the cooking surface. It ensures a clean, and completely natural food flavour, not achievable with conventional cooking methods. The result is a freshly grilled, healthy and nutritious meal with a sensational taste, unique to Stonegrill
Reviewed April 25, 2013

A classy reataurant with attentive staff and good food. On our visit we decided on the steak on the stone where the steak is deliverd raw, you then cook it yourself on a very hot stone, aprons are provided, very nice and recommended.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

good service , hig class on meny, taste Tiger Prawns..... Superb winelist, from the whole world and many local wines,,,
little expensiv but but worth it

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

The food in this restaurant is absolutely fantastic-a world away from anything else we've eaten in the region. You can cook your own meat on a hot (lava?) stone, but equally the chef is happy to cook it to your taste.
We had tempura mushrooms to start-two hand-size mushrooms which were delicious. Then we each had a steak-mine was tenderloin. This was presented beautifully with grilled vegetables a.d cooked to perfection.
The service cannot be faulted.
Our main courses were around 20 euros each. There were cheaper things on the menu, but in my opinion the price was well worth paying.
If staying in the main towns of Coral Bay or Pafos you might not come across this restaurant easily. On the main road between those towns it's in the row of restaurants by Lidl.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

My girlfriend and I visited the restaurant on two occasions so the ratings below are for both trips. There may be a stark contrast between the on and off season chefs since our meal appeared to have been prepared by someone with very little cooking experience (medium rare steak came out pretty much raw on one entire side, medium-well done steak came out pretty much red in the middle). On our first visit we had four mains and three desserts. All four mains were undercooked and the beef medallion dish used very low quality beef. When we complained, the original meal was taken away and re-cooked with quality meat (and for a €20 plate you expect quality ingredients first time, not second). This took a long time, Steaks were OK...very poorly cooked in the first place (if I am paying €26 for a steak, I expect it to be cooked by the chef rather than by me on a gimmicky stone). Deserts were very nice and my friends had no complaints. The pastry chef clearly knew his stuff. Service was unbelievably slow and inattentive. We got an apology for this and our desserts were removed from our final bill.

My second trip was with girlfriend only. Very good service (they recognised us from the previous night), slightly over attentive at times! Steak was good if slightly undercooked. Mash and vegetable garnish were far too salty (again, a lack of skill by the chef), and portion size meagre. Pre-bought sauces for the steaks were disappointing and unappealing. My girlfriend and I really enjoyed our desserts again.

Overall, this restaurant is overpriced and underwhelming. For the price, I expect qualified chefs and good ingredients, especially if portions are to be nouveau cuisine standard.

1  Thank Tom N
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Situated along the King of Tombs Road, this restaurant offers a unique dining experience. The interior is very stylish and the lighting creates the perfect ambiance. We started our meal with Tempura Mushrooms on a green bed of salad, they were very tasty. I chose slow cooked lamb shank in a red wine jus, my wife chose a sirloin steak cooked on a hot stone at the table. We both thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The service was very attentive and friendly, the menu offers plenty of choice and the wine list has a good range of wines. Worth a visit.

Stathis K, Manager at Oliveto Stonegrill Dining, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your meal and the service with us. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities Once again thank you very much for your kind support and we are looking forward to welcome you back to Oliveto Stonegrill Dining