“Excelled all expectations!!”

Ranked #56 of 82 Specialty Lodging in Paphos
Kent
“Excelled all expectations!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2009

I have never written a review before but having visited this beautiful apartment I would definitely return and can't recommend it highly enough!

The apartment was stunning, spotlessly clean and spacious. Pure luxury. Pools were clean and made full use of all the facilities. The restaurant offered a varied menu for all tastes. Weather was glorious.

Can't thank Anita and Steve enough for the hire of their apartment and nothing was too much trouble when planning our visit! Their website if you are interested is: www.stnicholaspaphos.com - you really should though, we are going back!

I think we are now sounding like a travel agent!

Sam and Steve
Kent

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Durham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2009

If you are needing good food at a reasonable price and friendly service by nice people then I can say my last stay proved the first time I stayed wasn't a fluke! I book through ROPUK After-Care and I am treated really well by very friendly staff.

I have learned from other guests on-site that some properties are not managed by ROPUK and you may not receive the same attention as I get but that is not their fault! Do your resarch and make sure you are served properly not by a part-time operation.

My stay was enjoyable and ensures next time I'm back in Cyprus I will be staying here again...

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
UK/USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2009

I've just got back from a wonderful 10 days in the St Nicolas Apartments in Chlorakas, Pathos. Weather was perfect, staff were very friendly, and the resort is brand new and of top quality. Everything from the shower to the pools were high spec and clean. We had a hire car as we flew into Larnaca so did a few day trips exploring the island, and some evening meals along the waterfront in Paphos, but you could manage without a car as there are shops within walking distance and the restaurant on site does good food. Try the Haloumi and Lounza pita, and the beef stifado!
I went with my husband and our baby who had his first birthday while we were there and whilst there were plenty of peope without kids having a good time, it really was a suprisingly easy and relaxing holiday for us and there wre other families with little ones there too. There's a baby/paddling pool, and another pool which starts an inch or so deep so little ones can crawl/totter in and out the water which ours absolutely loved to do. And nice pools for us to get a decent swim in while he was asleep too. We stayed in a 2 bed apartment on the ground floor, Laura 101, which was brilliant. It was steps from the pool, and close to the restaurant (which I wouldnt usually go for but it was not noisy at all, in fact it made life so easy!) There was no faff of packing a bag to 'go down to the pool' etc, we went in and our like it was our own place. Also, it meant while the babe was having a nap, my husband could take a swim and I could lie on a lounger on our patio getting some sun, with a pina colada from the restaurant!! Happy days. I never thought a holiday with a little one would be so easy and relaxing. I'd recommend it! We went in october and the weather was perfect. The best restaurant we found was Theo's on the waterfront in Paphos. Enjoy!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Athens
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2009

When you travel to a foreign place you usually need to take delight in local hospitality and enjoy the local sights. Although offering many amenities I believe that this residence fails in the above targets.
It was the first time in my life that I faced situations like:
- Upon late arrival I could not find a person or a sign to show me the direction to my room because the Reception operates only 9 to 5...
- No soap, no shampoo or any other evident supplies were there in the room.
- No cleaning up, no garbage disposal or any other room straightening took place during the week of my visit.
- The "free internet" is neither available to all rooms nor free of charge eventually.
- Any request of administrative nature is not supported by local reception and you are asked to contact England and the headquarters that never respond.
- The restaurant quality and variety brings you closer to your neighborhoods fast -food chain rather than the local delicacy taverns.
- There is no outside view and nothing nice to see within walking distance.
On the other hand the pools are great and if this is the only thing you are looking for in your vacations, then you might enjoy your stay there.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank MiVoo

Travelers are raving about these Paphos hotels

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2009

Our 4 night stop at the St Nicolas Elegant Residences has been outstanding in every way. Greeted by Colin and Wendy from ROPUK Aftercare, for whom nothing was too much trouble, our appartment was immaculately clean, with a good view towards the pool, and plenty of space on the balcony to lounge around and watch the sun go down in the evening. The pool was very relaxing and the entire atmosphere of the site is very laid back. The restaurant food (breakfast, lunch and dinner) was all superb and served by friendly and efficient staff. The costs of the meals were without doubt the best value for money we have ever eaten in the Mediterranean. A few, quiet village bars and restuarants were also nearby all offering a variety of local and British style meals. If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of Paphos town (a taxi ride away), and enjoy a relaxing holiday break in the rural surroundings of Chloraka, book this place. It's fantastic and we will be coming back without a doubt.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Kingston Upon Hull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2009

Stayed here for a 7 night break at short notice. Booked travel arrangements and accomadation seperately to save travel agents commission. What is there to say what you see on the web site is what you get. Superb accomadation,great leisure facilities plus the feeling of complete relaxation. The walk in to Paphos is not for the faint hearted. We walked it the first day but hired a car for the rest of the week. This gave us the freedom to use the larger supermarkets for provisions as there are no supermarkets within walking distance. Even though we had the hire car available we had two lovely meals at the St Nicolas resturant, not cheap but not expensive either. We ate out at Big Mamma's one night, food was good but the cost!!!!!!! You can get good value meals if you stay off the main drag. Back to the accomadation we could not find anything to complain about apart from 2 minor issues that did not really effect our stay.
The on site management team did not make themselves known to us at all even after been asked to contact them before leaving from the airport for the accomadation so they could meet us to show us our apartment. We picked the keys up from the admin office. This was manned by a totally useless and unhelpful local who couldn't be bothered to get out of his chair.
Don't let this put you off, plan your holiday well and you don't need anyone else. Use the St Nicolas as a comfortable and private base.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2009

I've just spent the last seven days at the St Nicolas apartments, in the Amelia house 103.
It’s a great place to stay for the solo traveller or for families and friends.

My studio apartment was well furnished, clean with all the mod cons. The pools are close by with other amenities, like a gym, sauna, Jacuzzi and a good priced restaurant down on phase two you can’t go wrong. The beaches and hotspots are bus ride away, but you need to take a hike to get too the main road for local transport.

If you’re self catering the shop on sight but they do offer a good selection of beers and wines and there is a good supermarket across the roundabout for fruit and veg.

Colin and Wendy for ROPUK After-Care are really helpful and the staff are great. A car is a must if you want to get out and about or its taxi’s, which offer a good rate.

I’ll be back next year.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank LondonAusencia63
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paphos
Hilltop Gardens Hotel Apartments
Club St. George Resort
Club St. George Resort
#72 of 90 in Paphos
Club Coral View Resort

Been to St. Nicolas Elegant Residence? Share your experiences!