“Great location but for tourists”
Review of Poseidonas

Poseidonas
Ranked #409 of 544 Restaurants in Paphos
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Great location but for tourists”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

There is a great view of the castle and old harbour from upstairs but this is a definite tourist place situated at the end of a long line of similar places where you have to negotiate the "barkers" trying to get you into their place. Friendly and helpful staff but the food is pretty average and they have not moved out of offering rice and carrots with almost everything. The fish my friends had was rated good but I was disappointed with my stuffed vegetables. Price-wise not a great bargain. Good wine list a redeeming feature.

• Visited September 2013

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Westbury, United Kingdom
“Good food and service in this busy area”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We had four different dishes and they were all very good. The large prawns were the freshest I had had in Cyprus.

S Derbyshire
“Good lunch (for touristland)”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Nice restaurant on the water front in the middle of the tourist area. Friendly welcome without much pressure. Clean white cloths. Reasonable prices for the location. Fish meze €20 included a huge prawn, mussel, red mullet, sea bream, deep fried calamari, deep fried sardines(?), swordfish, octopus preceded by a wide variety of antipasto/salads - lots of food.
Fish was fresh.
Service slow at the end.

surrey
“Best for local dishes”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We are not the type of customer who comes for fish and chips so always keen to try the local traditional food. I must say from our point of view it was excellent, I had Stifado and my wife had sucking pig. The starters were a bit naff but we only had dips, they seemed to have come from packs rather than the home made dips we had at other restaurants. Having read other reviews it seems hit and miss, the day we went the weather was cold and windy so it was very quite.

Leeds
“Wish we'd read the reviews first”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We thought the menu and restaurant looked good and wanted to eat somewhwre different from our other night in Paphos (the Pelican) We wished we hadn't and had read trip advisor reviews. This is an average restaurant. We had local dips to start, OK but very average. The glass of medium white wine was far too sweet, so I had to ask for it to be changed. The older waiter told me I shouldn't have ordered medium and had nothing to do with us for the rest of the meal - which was fine as the two female waiters were lovely. I asked to eat upstairs at the restaurant as it had wonderful harbour views. The views were great but the ambience and furnishings dated and not good - we looked down in envy at the seafront eaters. I had Octopus for main course and my sone had the grilled seafood plate. Both were good and we asked for the chips/jacket potato and rice to be swapped for salad, which they were. We then had coffee and herbsl tea and were given complimentary liquers with the bill - total 59 Euros so not expensive but overall an average and disappointing experience.