“Good Food”
Review of Jo's Diner - CLOSED

Jo's Diner
Cuisines: Greek, International
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We were told about Jo's Diner by a friend and although we had a little difficulty finding it, the setting is very pleasant, especially if it is a little windy, when you may eat in a closed gazebo.

The set meal was very good value and the food was very well cooked and presented.

Everyone was friendly and it was an enjoyable evening.

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I was told about Jo dinner by a friend and decided to give it a go.. A little bit off the beaten track but well worth a visit the night we went there they had a suckling pig wow what can I say the taste was superb !!!
The staff were very attentive especially the young man who introduced himself as Richard.. the dolmades were divine!! We decided to go back on Sunday for a roast ( as you do when your in Cyprus ) it was beautiful proper roast potatoes
Well worth a visit

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Jo's sunday lunches are superb, with crisp roast potatoes, plenty of properly cooked fresh vegetable and yorkshire pud. The suckling pig on Thursdays, which you have to book for,is delicious. The rest of the menu is varied and brilliant if you want a change from sheftalia.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Jo's diner (or dinner) as a nearby sign would have it. Food reasonably nice but I left the restaurant fuming having had an evening totally ruined by Leo, the Cypriot owner who decided that our meal would be best accompanied by plonking himself down at our table and boring the pants off us with his endless ramblings about how great his food was, how amazing his vegetables were and even his recent illness and operation. Having left us (eventually, to annoy other poor unfortunates presumably) we breathed a sigh of relief. But it was short lived, as he came back with our sweets and stood watching us eat it! Unbelievably, he then pulled out a chair again and sat eating his meal whilst we finished our drinks! Again he talked endlessly about his favourite subject...HIMSELF! When I attempted to speak about something he just ignored me and shouted a greeting to someone else a few tables away, before returning to talking about...HIMSELF. When he came with the bill, he stood over us and watched as we got the money, never offered to give change, and wandered off in search of another victim to paralyse with boredom. Now here's the funny thing...he kept moaning about how bad business was, and that people just weren't coming anymore and he couldn't understand why!!! So, not only rude, arrogant, self opinionated, boring but stupid too! Do you need it spelling out Leo? Leave people to enjoy their meals in peace, and stop assuming that they would want to spend an evening of their hard earned holiday being bored into a coma listening to you telling them how great you are at all things. The only thing you excel in is being a pain in the butt. Avoid this place unless you enjoy being annoyed by a Cypriot prat. Go to Olivio's in the village centre next to the church. Better food and nicer surroundings and no-one assumes you want your evening totally ruined by endless drivel!! In fact...I suggest the staff at Jo's go there too and see how a restaurant should be run!

10  Thank mroy5
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We found Jo's Diner during the second week of our holiday but wish we had found it earlier! We visited with family and enjoyed a beautiful fresh, home cooked meal made with vegetables and salad grown by the owner himself. I had the stifado which was truely the best I have ever tasted. My dessert was the lemon and ginger burst which was divine! Having enjoyed that meal my husband and I returned 2 days later to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Again we had another fabulous meal. We are booked to return again tomorrow for the last night of our holiday. Give Jo's Diner a try and I guarantee you won't be disappointed!
NB particular recommendations are the mousaka, stifado, rack of ribs, pork sofrito, tomato soup and ratatouille and although we didn't try it the sunday roasts looked fabulous too.