“Disgusting”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is the worst restaurant I have ever been too. On our first day in cyprus we decided to stop here, and in our over excited state ordered the fish meze (22 euros each). after the first course we realised what a mistake it had been, and had to attempt to get through 31 courses of the worst sea food I have ever tasted. We ended up (trying) but leaving most of it. I would avoid this place at all costs.

On the plus sign, the wine was awful, which did help to take away the taste of the food!

2  Thank Alex S

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We only ate here once, a Sunday lunchtime. The place was mobbed with locals which is a good advert, a band was playing inside, but our service was poor. The rest of the time it wasn't that busy so sure this was a one-off, as the food itself was good.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

had a really nice fish mezze , well cooked nice mix of fish . very friendly staff with good value for money.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

This place is a little out the way and would need to recommended by someone, otherwise you won't walk past it. It was close by our appartments and we decided to try one evening.
As soon as you sit down a plate of garlic bread appears to keep you going. Menu is extremely large and I doubt if all the fish is freshly caught and may be frozen on the day. However we chose a platter and were not disappointed. Was frequented by locals so this is a good sign and at times looked like a scene from the Soprano's.
Would go back again and be a bit more adventurous if we returned.
Service a bit slow, but I guess that's good as the food is freshly prepared. Probably a place to go to for a full evening of eating and drinking in company of others.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Recommended by a local, Tyrimos (written NIKOS TYPIMOS) is a typical local fish tavern that’s worth finding.
Tables outside for al fresco dining or inside with the a/c. Staff are polite, efficient and friendly.
I ordered sea bass with salad and a white wine. However, a meze of tahini, taramasalata, herb toasted bread, diced potato in butter, tasty green olives and pickled Cyprus seaweed which is something I’ve never tasted before but was definitely my favourite, were spread out on the table all for me! OK, it only cost 3 euro but I didn’t want most of it so it was sadly left uneaten.
My fish arrived on a large platter with big fat chips and rice, together with a large bowl of salad.
Everything was fresh and tasty.
They also have an extensive take away menu and home delivery. Also on the menu was a fish meze of 23 dishes for e14.50 each (min 2 person).
It’s no surprise that Nicos Tyrimos has been trading 40years and I’m sure will still be there for the next forty.