“very clean and extremely friendly & accommodating”
Review of Centrum Hotel

Centrum Hotel
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Nicosia
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed her for a couple of days in late April.
Location is amazing in the absolute center of the old town.
Staff is very helpful & accommodating - we had originally chosen one of the traditional rooms which are in another part of the building, however found these do be a little dark & arkward.
Without fuss we managed to swap the room for a huge room with large balcony.
Breakfast included and absolutely ok.
Recommended!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank abfabO

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

I travel frequently to cyprus , and since 2003 im staying in centrum as I have tried many hotels around nicosia with same stars ranking , I can surly admit that centrum is one of the best , if it wasn't the best in town , depending on many factors making it perfect ...location of the property, staff excellence , rooms , as I have lived all the renovation process during my frequent visit to centrum, I do recommend it more for leisure and holidays especially for couples and groups , as it covers all the old town with a walking distance even from cypriot turkish part of nicosia after crossing the border walking....parking is 2 min walking as well going in and out on the stairs . I would like to thank AMED & STEFANOS and all the rest staff for their support during all my visits, thank you guys.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Samer M
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed 1 night here and I would happily have stayed longer!
Location is perfect - in the old town but near the city walls so close to public parking.
Beautiful modern reception and rooms. There are 3 traditional rooms but we did not stay in one of these.
The room was large enough but with 3 single beds in it (we booked a twin) there was not lots of space but enough.
There was coffee making facilities and complimentary cake upon arrival!
The beds are very comfortable but be prepared to be woken early by the call to prayer from the Mosque on the Turkish side. I really liked this but some could consider it a rude awakening!
Breakfast was good and plentiful.
I would highly recommend here, both the hotel and Nicosia, by far my favourite place in Cyprus!

Room Tip: If you want one of the traditional rooms you will need to specifiy this as there are only 3!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank GLMurray
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I spent 3 days in Nicosia on my recent business trip to Cyprus and I chose to stay at this hotel this time. If you ask me about my experience I would say that it was indeed very much like staying with friends and it is something I appreciated a lot. You see, it is a Family Business and the people running it are professionals. The welcome was hearty and the entire stay great.

STAFF AND SERVICE: Although I arrived quite early that morning due to a business meeting I had at noon, I never had to wait as it usually happens in other hotels. I was almost sure that my luggage would be kept at a store room until I return from this appointment but this did not happen. I was handed the key and I had time to even unpack and have a cup of coffee before setting off for the meeting. Service here was excellent and both the Management and Staff proved professionals.

LOCATION: It could not be better. Centrally located in Eleftherias Square, directly adjacent to the Municipal Hall, the General Post Office and major Banks. Its perfect position keeps traffic noise away since it is on the paved area. Guests coming by bus will find the location unique since the central bus station at Solomou Square is only a 5 minute walk to the hotel. Fairly easy to be spotted, and only steps away from the buffer zone, shops and restaurants, churches, cultural establishments and museums.
The Tourist Information Office is within a 5-minute walk from here, and an ATM machine is also in short proximity from the hotel.

BUILDING: Part of the Atrium is a traditional 1912 historic building, fully renovated, combining modern comforts but at the same time retaining its traditional Cypriot charm with an intimate atmosphere and 3 categories of rooms of different standards.

ACOMMODATION: The hotel was fully booked during my stay and I was not able to experience a stay at an Executive or a Club room, not even had the chance to see what the rooms look like. My own room was a standard one but it was impeccably clean and spacious and I had no problem staying in it. The double bed was comfortable all right, the room provided complimentary coffee/tea facilities, a safe, a hair-drier, a 20inch color TV with local and satellite channels, a mini fridge, a computer point and a digital telephone. Internet in the room was mostly fast but there were times when it was slow as well. I never used the air conditioning or the heating unit of my room as there was no need to so I cannot comment on them.

The balcony was O.K. but it overlooked a narrow road and I could see only the terraces of the opposite buildings. I was mostly out however, so this was not a problem at all. For me it functioned only to light up the room.

TREAT: A complimentary treat of some cake and a bottle of water happily surprised me. I found them in the room when I returned from my first appointment that same day and I had them to accompany my afternoon cup of coffee in the room while I was working on the computer.

BATHROOM: Surprisingly the bathroom was big with a bath tub. I like “walking” in my room and bathroom and this is how it was out here. I hate small rooms or tiny small bathrooms that lack space. It had a high ceiling and much light. Toiletries included a vanity kit, a shampoo/shower gel and a plastic cap. The room’s wardrobe proved handy as well just as the ‘working desk’ and mirror.

LOUNGE/BAR: Nicely decorated, comfortable seating area, and a very pleasant atmosphere and positive energy is what you get out here. Smoking always bothers me, but I never noticed cigarette smoke at the lounge. I have also no idea if smoking is allowed by the bar. In the rooms for sure it is prohibited.

BREAKFAST: I found breakfast both interesting and satisfying and it was enough to fill you up till late afternoon. It was not the continental breakfast we find in some hotels abroad. Everything was fresh and the variety was ample. Cereals, eggs and bacon, ham and sausages, croissants and different types of bread, fresh cucumber and tomatoes, yoghurt, honey, seasonal fruit, a fruit salad, cheese, (haloumi) olives, and 3 types of juice.

Breakfast is normally taken either in the indoor breakfast patio or the outdoor courtyard. The weather was lovely so I had mine in the courtyard which leads directly to “Laiki Yitonia” the well-known restored and paved touristy area of Nicosia. Guests love to have a stroll out here, do their shopping –mostly Cypriot souvenirs and delicacies. You will find several restaurants and coffee shops even supermarkets in the round area too. Between us I find no reason to leave the hotel and go to another restaurant because Byzantino offers excellent cuisine and Traditional Cypriot hospitality.

RESTAURANT: The Byzantino is the original old 1912 historic building and its interior is beautifully decorated, -not to mention the imposing arches that travel you to another era. It can easily be considered one of the Signature Cypriot restaurants in Nicosia. The food I tried on both nights was excellent, the service was impeccable and the staff super. Cornelius and Lili are truly professionals and they know exactly how to treat their guests. They are both discreet, observant and show up the moment the customer needs something. They work fast and accurate and they deserve a big bravo.

If you really want to try the authentic Cypriot cuisine, I assure that you won’t find a better restaurant serving Cypriot dishes close by. The Cypriot Chef whose name I miss is doing an excellent job out here. The restaurant is popular on its own, and daily there are coaches from different parts of the island with locals and tourists coming in for lunch or dinner.

WI FI: There is Free wireless high speed internet access in the entire hotel.

SPECIAL FACILITIES: The hotel prides for its banqueting and conference spaces which are ideal for business meetings or special events.

IN ALL: I highly recommend it for its homely atmosphere, the excellent and impeccable service, its superb location, the professional management and staff, and the tasty Cypriot cuisine.
Keep the good work up guys!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank greekcypriot2009
Reviewed March 22, 2014

The hotel was centrally located on the shopping street. It had a wonderful little bar with a great bartender. The room was spacious with a nice balcony and wifi. Would stay here again.

Don't ask the front desk about traveling to the North, they either don't want to tell you or they don't know.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NSJ82
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for two nights as a business traveler on March 9, 2014. The hotel is in the center of the downtime near everything a traveler needed. It was a good location. It is a good place for shopping as well as for business. I have booked an executive room, which was spacious, clean, with decent furniture. My room had a window to the Turkish part of Nicosia. Toilet is very clean and needed toiletry. Staff were very helpful and their English was good. The only thing that bother me is the safe box, which did not work. As for the breakfast, it has variety of fruits, honey, jams, pastries, eggs, beverages, cold and hot. Internet was available in all hotel area, and in the lobby, the hotel provide free coffee machine for guests. I enjoyed the hotel.

Room Tip: executive room are more spacious especially room 401
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank IbizaLoveYou
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Centrum for a mini-break, having booked a traditional room. From arrival to departure staff were consistently helpful and polite. The room was lovely: very well appointed. Breakfast offered an excellent of fruit, pastries, hot and cold buffets. Ideally located for exploring Nicosia on foot, being located at the end of Ledra Street.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple