“Well, I wanted to say Good but but but”
Review of Centrum Hotel

Centrum Hotel
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Nicosia
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I planned a business trip to Nicosia and, having read all the reviews, I said - what the hell Hilton (where my colleagues stopped), Centrum!!! No doubts, looks like adventure - reserved rooms online and departed to airport. So what Ive got...

Merits
- Situated in the historical heart of Nicosia, 15 min walk away from Turkish part - yeah - cheap shopping, etc
- Very friendly and easy accessible personnel
- Renovated common areas, nice reception zone, nice restaurant
- Inside the room - close resemblance to my grand mom's kitchen - some obsolete, some old, some hand made, some is not exact fit and manually adjusted but everything is working well & reliable. Wi-fi, no fridge, very nice balcony with nice views of not very nice constructions (room 403), really metallic door key!)))

Upppsss
- Massive construction goes very close to the hotel, so in the morning I used to wake up from loud sounds of one big thing hitting another and so on.
- And the final stroke ... I was attacked by the horde of ants which appeared out of nowhere. As the result I had to practically check and shake out all my luggage and spent the last night tossing and turning, recollecting episodes of National geographic on what kind of infections urban ants might be spreading. I had to admit that when I called to personnel they brought a sort of spray which actually destroyed the trace of ants to the room, at least, till the end of the night... but the chemical smell of it stayed in the room though all night adding to the thing.

Well, I cannot say it was wrong experience, I like adventures, probably I will go there again, but match your expectations of the hotel and the character of your trip before you decide on your choice.

Room Tip: Mine was 403 - pls see my review above + photo.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank AlexanderV77
There are newer reviews for Centrum Hotel

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and had a very pleasant stay. The Hotel is perfectly located just of Lidras Street (pedestrian area where many bars, coffees, shops and restaurants are).
The Hotel is very welcoming and nicely located. I guess the Hotel wasn't full (well its low season now in january), and we got upgraded for free to a bigger room with a massive terrace :)! We didn't have any noise problems.
Staff friendly and always available.
Breakfast was ok for the price and nicely presented.
I would definitely recomend this place and come back again.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is the best hotel in Nicosia that we have stayed in so far. The welcome at reception was good and we found that our room had been upgraded. The room was very clean and tastefully decorated and furnished, in neutral colours. We appreciated extras such as drink making facilities, biscuits and free fruit at reception.

The central location of this hotel makes it a great place for sightseeing.

The corridor leading to the restaurant has attractively displayed artefacts from Cyprus in the past. It is like walking though a small museum.

Breakfast was good, with excellent service and proper filter coffee.

We plan to return.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sue S
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here around a year ago when the refurbishment was just starting and had a good experience so decided to use again in October 2012.
The refurbishment is now complete and fantastic. A wonderful hotel, modern but retaining important traditional style, right on the edge of the pedestrian area. Parking close by. Hotel facilities as good as any for the category, very clean, good food and extremely friendly and helpful staff. You will not be dissapointed if you stay here and we shall ensure we get into this hotel for our next visit.
Thanks to the management and all staff.
David

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com
2  Thank David P
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We booked this at the last minute for an overnight in Nicosia. The booking and check-in were faultless and the staff friendly. We were upgraded from a standard to an executive room which was a nice surprise. The room was spotless, the bed huge and comfortable. A small balcony overlooking the old city was a nice touch. The bathroom was small but clean. A bit of noise from outside overnight but it was the Eid long weekend as well as some Greek celebration on the Sunday morning! Breakfast was self service buffet in the 'Byzantine Restaurant' attached to the hotel. The choices were basic - hot - bacon, eggs (hard boiled or scrambled), baked beans, sausages. Cold - cheese, sliced meats, olives tomato, cucumber etc as well as the standard toast, pastries and cereals. The food was good for both quality and quantity. Great location too! We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marty k
Reviewed October 4, 2012

In the bathroom, you will notice a sign over the toilet that you might question. We asked the management to be sure. You cannot flush used toilet paper down the toilet, They want you to place it in the metal can next to the toilet. We discovered this practice in some other Nicosia locations, but not when we were in Larnaca.

Our king-sized bed turned out to be two beds placed together.

There is a tourist information office within a 5-minute walk from the hotel.

The free breakfast offered a good range of food.

Unlike in the Larnaca hotel where we stayed earlier, there was no charge for air conditioning or Wifi.

Rooms overlooking the street have a better view, but there is often noise from the local establishments.

There is an ATM machine less than 100 feet from the hotel. It is the easiest and cheapest way to obtain Euros.

Room Tip: The hotel is about 1/2 mile from the North Cyprus border and many like to cross it. Be sure to bring...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The hotel has undergone a major refurbishment programme and the end result is very good. I have stayed at the hotel on several occasions over the last few years and it is ideal for a short stay. The hotel is located within the walls of the old city and is perfect for visiting the tourist attractions and the main shopping street is on the door step.
The staff are very friendly and most helpful.
The only negative that I experienced was that because of the very loud music from a nearby premises it was not possible to sleep until about 3am. I was told at the reception this was an exception and they would pursue the matter. I have to say that in the times that I have stayed at the hotel I never experienced this problem.
Overall a nice place to stay..
Eoin

Room Tip: Try the Cypriot rooms which have refurbished in the style of times past. A good experience
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends