“Perfect place for normal people”
Review of Asty Hotel

Asty Hotel
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Nicosia
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

It's the perfect hotel for normal people. Every "extra" in the hotel seems to be free: bikes, minibus, GPS, minigolf, breakfast buffet available 24hs! You only pay 11 euros for lunch or dinner. There is not menu but the food that they prepared for us was amazing, like if a local mom were the chef.
Rooms has a lovely balcony and a lot of space. Ours was the colour room that my girlfriend loved it. There are not enough sockets but they are probably working on it as there are LED lamps without sockets in the desks (2).
The location is good for business or to go to conferences to the university, there is not shops around and only one restaurant (quite good). They bring you whatever you want for free so usually it's not a problem.

Staff is very friendly, some more than others, but in general over average.

It the perfect hotel for normal people that want to feel at home while they are abroad. I don't have room service or a menu at home so I don't expect a hotel to have.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank BoHeMlo
There are newer reviews for Asty Hotel

Reviewed November 11, 2012

but it was a bit too rustic for me, 45 Euros might be pushing it.

ladies at the reception are incredibly nice and service is great

I will pay more on my next visit and stay at a more comfortable hotel nearer to the old city

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sam S
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Have just returned home following our 3rd visit this year to the Asty Hotel.

We come to Nicosia for medical treatment, and I have to say that staying at the Asty makes what might otherwise be an anxious time into a very pleasant experience.

I requested a quiet room as I would need to rest following treatment, this was sorted for me prior to arrival with no problem - we were allocated a room on the 4th floor at the back of the hotel, so was not disturbed by traffic noise during the day.

The hotel is very clean & tidy throughout, and there is clearly an ongoing programme of improvements -  each time we visit something is new or has been updated.

The rooms are spacious, and our bed was very comfortable with new 'memory foam' type mattress.
The bathroom fixtures are relatively new as well, with a good quality shower.
The room has a large flat screen TV - I brought a portable DVD player with me & some DVDs to watch whilst I was resting in the room.  There is also a full-size fridge, aircon, safe, hairdryer, ironing board, tea & coffee making facilities, & free wifi throughout the hotel.

As other people have mentioned, you can help yourself to drinks & snacks in the dining room at any time, there are free bikes, gym, games room, mini golf on the roof, free-to-use computers, a spacious lounge.
The free shuttle service took us into the town centre & also to our clinic when needed.

All the staff are really friendly, helpful, and efficient.  Anything you ask seems to be no problem at all.

What is offered here goes above & beyond what you might expect given the very reasonable rates.
Thank you to all at the Asty, you should be very proud of yourselves.
Jenny & Paul

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank CaptainJCF
Reviewed November 1, 2012

If you want to enjoy the city of Nicosia, this is the place to be.
The Hotel is basic but the rooms are wide and clean with everything you need.
The staff is friendly and helpful. The Paphos Door (City center) is 3km and if you dont want to take a walk (the road is still very simple) the hotel offers a free shuttle service.
Breakfast is included in the price and available 24 hours a day including the dining room that offers more water, juices, pastries, coffee and fruit.
For each question, the staff will help you find an answer.
Free Wi-Fi on each floor... what else?
All this for 45 Euros a night ... Enjoy your stay

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I were blown away by our experience at the Asty Hotel - we could never have expected such a wonderful stay. The staff were exceptional - providing us with maps, helping us order dinner when we arrived late at night, even bringing a glass of wine to our room! Our room was very large and comfortable. The breakfast was outstanding. Although I was a bit concerned about not being right in the city center, there was no need to worry - we were dropped off and picked up and it wasn't even very far away. Michael, the owner, treated us like family and could not have made us feel more at home, recommending the best things to see in Nicosia, telling us to help ourselves to the snacks and drinks at the hotel which were available at all times, taking us into the city and even telling us what we should see and do on our next stop in the Troodos Mountains. I would stay at the Asty again in a heartbeat, and you should look no further for a place to stay in Nicosia!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2012

A group of us attending a conference stayed at Hotel Asty in September and I have been inspired to write my first ever trip advisor review because I simply have to say how wonderful it was. All the staff are delightful and so very very generous - free transport everywhere in the mini bus, a coffee lounge open 24 hours with free refreshments and a free and delicious bbq were just some of the many examples of the best hospitality I have ever experienced. We were treated like family and it became a home away from home. We had such a wonderful stay - thank you and hope to return for another visit in the future. Thank you once again Hotel Asty !

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank itainteasybeinggreen
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I really enjoyed staying at the Asty hotel. They gave me a room number 505, which is signed as "color executive" in the door. The room was decorated with several colors and it looked modern and cosy. I felt very comfortable. They open a snack bar for 24 hours so you can have drinks and snacks at any time. The breakfast, especially fried eggs, was delicious. One downside is that it is far from the city center. They offer a free shuttle service to the city center, but I got lost when I go back to the hotel by foot, taking almost one hour. It would take minimum 30 minutes to walk to/from the Lidra street.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo