“Really good hotel. Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Classic Hotel

The Classic Hotel
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Nicosia
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Really good hotel. Great location”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I arranged this hotel my guests and the photographers of my wedding. I booked 3 rooms for them. In the end we needed an extra one. The reception desk arranged for everything my guests wanted for their rooms at no time and at a very good price. Our guests were really impressed and pleased with their stay.
They all spent 3 days at the hotel.
Location is just great for anyone that wants to spend a couple of days and walk around Nicosia.
Prices are great. You get more than what you pay for.
Unfortunately that is all i can write. I tried to get as much information as i could from my guests. They were very pleased, they walked around the streets of the old town and the shops of Nicosia and they were impressed with the cleanliness and the modern renovated rooms of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank IasonasCy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stayed at the Classic on recommendation this time last year, and enjoyed it so much I stayed there again this time round. My friend informed me of its perfect location in the heart of Nicosia, clean, modern, air-conditioned rooms, combined with unbelievably helpful staff, and his recommendation certainly didn't disappoint.

The breakfast is plentiful and very tasty (I am a particular fan of the warm pastries that compliment the full english/continental offering every morning!), and the room service food was again, top notch. In terms of location, there isn't really anywhere better, and the staff (all spoke perfect english) were very helpful in helping me with transport each day, as well as giving tips on where to visit etc. Together with the business centre, computers, free wi-fi, and adjacent wine bar, it made for a brilliant hotel experience

I read some reviews moaning about the hair dryer. I used it each day, pulled up a chair to the perfectly positioned mirror, and dried my hair - no issue! The only slight downside personally is the gym is perhaps a little basic, but by no means does this tarnish what is an otherwise fantastic hotel, in a fantastic city, in a fantastic country.

Thank you Classic and all the staff! Look forward to seeing you again next year!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank James H
il
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed for business only for one night but it was enough :)
The Hotel is located on an old building bat not all the rooms were completely renovated . Some of the door crossbars are still the old one.. No business center, unless 2 com into the corridor..
the rooms are not in the same size and the 35 square meters that we were expected for, were much lesser. the mini-bar was empty and locked(!)
The rooms are built in labyrinth ways.
We had tried this time an alternative option for staying in Nicosia but we were wrong.
Nevertheless some good points:
- a good breakfast
- nice deco in the rooms

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
London UK
Reviewed May 24, 2012

It is some years since I had to visit Cyprus and the Classic had been transformed since my last visit, in fact I hardly recoginsed the hotel it had changed so much. For the better I must add. The comfortable rooms now have a modern look and the rather drab bar at the front of the hotel has been transformed into the Blue Bar. I was tired after an all day meeting and had to be up early for another meeting before I returned to London in the afternoon so it was nice to be able to eat a well prepared meal in such pleasant surrounding and, as it was wednesday, enjoy an evening of live jazz music. I did not venture to the Gym and although there was a large choice on the breakfast buffet I just took a pastry and cup of teas to business centre as I had some emails to deal with. The Classic in centrally located so everything in Nicosia is nearby and as it is a city centre hotel there are no sea views, but it is a great place to stay if you are there on business and looking for good value.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
London UK
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I have stayed at the Classic Hotel twice now (on business) and I have to say that I can't rate the place highly enough and I will definately be returning for future trips. The staff are extremely welcoming and friendly and on my most recent trip I was presented with a plate of fruit and cheese in my room after I had checked in - a really lovely touch after a stressful journey!

The rooms are quite, clean and comfortable. They have been refurbished to a very high standard with high quality fixtures and fittings - the only negative here is the workmanship in the bathrooms which is sub-standard (unpainted wood on some surfaces that are almost 'out of sight', poor sealing on shower trays, low quality grouting etc) and this is a shame because the fixtures and fittings in the bathrooms are very high quality - it doesnt detract from the bathrooms, but it is at odds with the 100% quality feel of the bedrooms - different contractors perhaps? Still, its nothing that couldnt be remedied relatively easily if the hotel chose to.

The air conditioning in the rooms is quiet and effective, rooms are very clean, wifi works well and breakfast is plentiful with more than ample choice (fresh fruit, pastries, cakes, cold meats, cereals, hot dishes, yoghurts etc - what more do you need?!).

Location is perfect - on the edge of the old town and a very short walk to the modern shopping area in Nicosia.

So in summary, friendly, quiet, clean, comfortable, great food, great service and competitive price when compared to other hotels in this bracket on the island (although all hotels in this bracket are not exactly cheap) - what more do you want?! I will look forward to returning later this year!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Limassol
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Stayed here a couple of weeks ago for a weekend. Rooms nice and spacious, clean. Breakfast is good for a city hotel and staff all great.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PanosAngelaSmaragda
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We had a long bus ride up from Larnaca and were happy to find a non-smoking hotel with good AC and comfortable rooms. The reception crew was friendly, warm and welcoming. Some of the art is tacky but the place had a warm feeling of home to it. The deals they give you at the desk are amazing - so much that I will be doing more sight seeing from Nicosia if i can get a few more days off from work.

You have to be very very careful when booking a hotel in Nicosia - as they are very competitive and sometimes I dare say a bit boastful. When we found the Classic, our prayers were answered. If you are patient and wait a few minutes the staff will spend some time to show you were to go around town. Everything is nearby and withing safe walking distance.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple