“Service let it down”

Holiday Inn Nicosia City Centre
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Nicosia
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The Holiday Inn is in a good location but the service was awful. Receptionists couldn't be bothered giving any information, breakfast quality was poor and I sat in the bar area for 10mins without being served - even though the waitress walked past me. The hot water wasn't working in the hotel the first morning, and when I raised it with reception, there was no apology. It was working for my second morning but the shower gave out little more than a trickle of hot water. I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2012
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Nicosia City Centre

Reviewed August 3, 2012

For a quick business over-night stay, this hotel is fine. Near to the centre of Nicosia and within five minutes walking time of the border crossing should you wish to venture into the Turkish side of Nicosia.
Decor within the hotel is very dated and the rooms also look like a make-over wouldn't go a miss! No flat screen tv's here!
The IHG executive rooms are on the 1st floor. However it is very difficult to believe you are treated to anything other than the ordinary guests receive. View was.........well it wasn't; put it like that!!!
The hotel holds party nights on the 7th floor (top floor). These can go on until the early hours of the morning (5am), I could here the noise from my 1st floor room : (
Hotel bar is small too. On a brighter note, the breakfast was good!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank _forevergreen_Uk
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nicosia City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear _forevergreen_Uk,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Member and for leaving us a feedback. We are pleased that our breakfast lived up to your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to the noise from our other guests. Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, Please do not hesitate to let us know.

Janice A
IHG Care

Reviewed June 13, 2012

A typical city center business hotel - no one would ever choose it for it's service, friendliness or inspiriering interior design! But just to stay overnight - everything works!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the noisy main street.
Reviewed June 10, 2012

The room at the hotel was fine, but it just seemed as though various little things didn't work. You have to pay for internet and it is unreliable, cutting off often. My phone couldn't make internal calls and when I called reception to complain the receptionist hardly spoke English. Others I reached also hardly spoke English. The receptionists aren't always at the desk, so people calling me at the hotel often weren't able to get through to my room. There were only two electrical outlets in the room, so I couldn't have my computer plugged in the same time as my laptop. Saturday night the rooftop club blasts bass-inflected music until all hours, which I heard two floors below. I am sure you can find better value for your money elsewhere.

1  Thank T G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nicosia City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear T G,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I'm truly delighted you liked your room accommodation. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I would like to offer a sincere apology for the inconvenience the rooftop club noise had caused you and regret that you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Joel B

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Hotel is OK and clean, internet connection is terrible

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I stayed here about 8 years ago and it was quite good. I booked this on the internet and got a good room rate, but I know the internet rates do not get you a nice room which proved the truth.

I was first surprised by the reception, the staff were not very informative or interested to tell me about parking (there is a council pay-for-parking opp the hotel, behind the bus stops). The room was not bad, but the TV was a shocker, old tube type with long service meaning the colours were all washed out and the picture all distorted. More like an old black and white with a bad antenna. Also there was advertised free wifi in public areas, but this was limited to one hour only. Then you have to pay. However, I stayed only from late evening to early morning, to do one day business in Nicosia, then it was thankfully back to Larnaca to fly home.

I like this part of Nicosia, and enjoy some of the restaurants in the area around the UN buffer zone.

Next time I might try the Castle next door or Cleopatra, which is a short walk to the Green Line.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nicosia City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

Dear DRMB,

Thank you for taking time to write your comments. I am sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously as this is our best resource of improving guest services.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Pam G.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

I paid about £79 per night here and stayed 3 nights. I had to pay for WiFi every day which always annoys me. But I felt a little misled because I thought that the roof bar would be open for lunch outside but intact there was nowhere to sit outside other than my balcony

I get so angry when the house keeping start banging on the door at 9am and this happened 2 mornings! The bar was expensive and so was room service, although the food was really nice and the lady in the cafe very helpful.

Reception staff were stuffy and I don't think I would stay again because the whole place is in need of a re vamp and a little depressing.

• Stayed: May 2012
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

Dear ClarenceofKent,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Katie J