I was disappointed with this hotel compared with other Hilton hotels and give it 2.5 stars because:
1. due to its location you really need a car - it is a good 20 mins walk from the edge of the city centre (slightly uphill) and public transport is not too frequent. The problem is that parking was often taken up by people visiting the hotel for meetings etc and finding a parking space was sometimes rather difficult - people were parking on double yellow lines at the entrance to the hotel on a busy road and it was not enforced and a number of spaces were reserved for taxis and a hire car company - all a bit chaotic really (minus 0.5 of a point for this).
2. breakfast was not as good as my experience of excellent breakfasts in Hiltons elsewhere (Prague, Berlin...). The selection wasn't as extensive as other Hiltons and the service wasn't great - again it was a bit chaotic - it was only on the third morning that we were told that there were other choices which could be cooked fresh for us, staff didn't seem on the ball (asked for hot water and was given orange juice), and on one occasion came back from the buffet to find someone else at my table! (minus 0.5 of a point for this)
3. it seems that guests have to fit around other people - the outdoor pool was closed early for functions and 3 out of the 4 times I tried to use the indoor pool I couldn't because an aqua-aerobics class came in and asked me to move out of the way! In my opinion, if facilities are provided for guests then they should have a reasonable expectation that they can use them. The facilities weren't great either - when I nosily looked to see what had been thrown on top of the lockers there was thick dirt, and shower gel was left to run out without being filled up (minus 0.5 of a point for this)
4. on check-out I was presented with a bill for things I hadn't taken from the mini bar! When I contested this I got quite a frosty reaction from the clerk and it all felt rather uncomfortable (minus 0.5 of a point for this).
5. expensive in-room WiFi. Come on Hilton, it's the 21st Century! Why do guests have to pay €15 for internet access in their rooms when it is free in the reception area? Isn't it time you made WiFi available freely for everyone? (minus 0.5 of a point for this)
Before I went I saw lots of reviews saying that rooms were tired etc and needed redecorating. Yes they are old fashioned but I can't say I was that bothered - my room was clean and comfortable, there was a kettle (albeit refills of milk etc were hit and miss) and a mini bar / fridge to keep drinks cold. The only issue was lots of noise from doors banging etc but my room was near the lifts so it might have been due to high traffic. The ground floor area was nice, looks like it has been recently refurbished, and the outdoor pool area is pleasant and a good place to sit outdoors.
There's not an awful lot in the local area but there is a shopping centre with a supermarket, fast food restaurants, clothes shops etc about five minutes' drive to the south, and the town centre is about five minutes' drive to the north for shops, restaurants, sightseeing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Cyprus is the only 5 star hotel in Nicosia and counts over 45 years of experience. Location: Just 45km/30 minutes from Larnaca International Airport and only 15 minutes walking distance from the city centre, shopping and entertainment areas; conveniently located next to the business district. Accommodation & Room Types: There are 294 rooms available out of which 19 are suites and 76 Executive rooms. Hilton Guest Rooms: All Hilton guest rooms are non – smoking and feature a working desk, direct-dial telephone line, Internet and wireless connection, TV and Pay-TV, hairdryer, mini bar, electronic lock system, individually controlled air-conditioning, smoke detectors, sprinklers, private balcony,safe deposit boxes, bathrobe and slippers, magnifying mirror and tea & coffee making facilities. Executive Rooms: All Executive rooms, which are 20% larger than the Hilton guest rooms, are fully equipped and decorated to the highest standard, enabling you to unwind in comfort after a hard day, or to continue working effectively from your room. Guests staying in the Executive Wing can enjoy complimentary access to the Executive Lounge. The Executive Lounge allows you to lounge in an elegant environment where breakfast, hot drinks and cold refreshments, cocktails and canapés are served free of charge throughout the day. International newspapers and magazines and a comfortable satellite TV corner make the Lounge a real “home away from home”.Accessible rooms are also available. Services & Features: Guest facilities and services also include a Business Centre, shopping gallery with a hairdresser & barbershop, bookshop, bank, taxi and car rental services and free car park facilities. Free WiFi is available in all public spaces of the hotel.The hotel also offers various meeting rooms and facilities that can accommodate either a small meeting or a conference for up to 720 delegates. The Hiltonia Health Club features a fitness centre with outdoor and indoor swimming pool, 4 tennis courts, a squash court, and Spa area with steam bath, Jacuzzi, Sauna and beauty centre, which allows you to pamper yourself with a massage and spa treatments. Dining & Entertainment: The Fontana restaurant is available for all-day dining. Enjoy our Hilton Breakfast, in the morning, and for lunch or dinner choose from a wide variety of traditional or international buffet or the a la carte menu. If you are seeking a comfortable and friendly atmosphere, the Paddock Bar invites you, after a hard day’s work, to enjoy cocktails and drinks by ordering your favourites. The Lobby Lounge of the hotel allows you to lounge in a relaxing atmosphere and invites you to enjoy aromatic coffees and delicious dessert or even a light snack including Hilton Classic meals. Traditional afternoon tea is served daily on weekdays. Enjoy refreshing cocktails and tempting snacks at the seasonal Pergola Grill & Bar, situated next to the outdoor swimming pool. At night time Pergola transforms into a magnificent restaurant offering a tempting a la carte menu with a wide selection of grilled dishes, delicious steaks and the finest wines and spirits! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Cyprus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cyprus Hotel Nicosia
- Hilton Hotel Cyprus
- Hilton Hotel Nicosia
- Hilton Nicosia
- Nicosia Hilton