“Consistent and not bad at all”
Review of El Sabor Latino

El Sabor Latino
Ranked #55 of 1,056 Restaurants in Nicosia
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have been to El Sabor several times, sometimes with big groups up to 20 people. The service has always been very good and I have never had to wait around. The food is nothing surprising at such as it is a combination of pastas, tapas and other Spanish style grub. I have never been disappointed with my meal, yet I could really not describe the food as "amazing." Several friends have commented however that their paella is really very good.

The settings are also very nice so the place is a safe bet if you fancy something non-East Mediterranean at the North side of Nicosia: the walk from the check point is nice on its own.

1  Thank ElinaMK

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I come to this restaurant based in Lefkosa everytime i visit Kibris. The spanish style tapas are tsy the pasta is good and te chops are to die for. What impressed me is that they respect the local mosque next door to them, when the call for prayer started they turned off the music in respect. It definately earned my espect for them.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We have visited Sabors in every season--eaten indoors and outside. Food & service always excellent! Yes, outside there are loads of cats but that's hardly the restaurant's fault.Every dish I've tried has not disappointed--we regard the restaurant as one of the very best we've eaten in in Cyprus. Prices are reasonable for the quality of the food and we would recommend it to one and all!! The music played is reallylovely--chilled, relaxing and very cool!
A real treat not to be missed!

1  Thank StaffordshireTaff
Reviewed November 6, 2012

It's best to visit this restaurant in the evening for its magical setting, just by the 13th century cathedral which is lit at night The food is wonderful, with very generous servings. The starters are especially delicious. There is a little restaurant next door, owned by the same family which does great mezes.

2  Thank Kezban H
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The food is really tasty and delicious...Of course, you might want to go a few times try different dishes and then decide on your favourite because some flavours might be a bit strong. However, that is no way to say the food is bad. Great food indeed. The service is nice, too. Waiters mostly kind and fast (except for times when it is too crowded...management could hire a few more waiters actually). I like to visit the place especially in winters and sit indoors because there can be hundreds of cats around that won't let you eat in peace (they jump on the table and try and have a bite of your dish etc etc) in summer. Besides, the tables are set right on the street not a garden or a seperated area. Well, you might enjoy that too.
The orst thing about this restaurant, I guess, is the WC. There is just one for ladies and one for men. When the place is crowded you need to wait at the door of the WC or go back and try your luck again. Another awful thing about the toilet is that it looks dirty. I don't think it is very dirty but it looks like that. Yet another point is that they don't have paper towels or anything of that sort to dry your hands after you wash them. They really NEED to DO something about the WC.
One last thing...just when I logged in to write my review I noticed that Sabor's address is given to be in the "Turkish occupied territory"...well, to be honest it really doesn't look like it is under any "occupied" state at all. It is one of the fanciest restaurants at a very nice and touristic area of the city where lots of tourists visit everyday. So that definition might be somehow over exaggerated and unfair because people there don't seem to be under any "occupation" and from what I've seen (I've been living in TRNC for about 6 years now) and it seems like there's a lot of democracy and state government here. Management might want to change that detail too. Other than these two points, it is a nice restaurant that you should visit when you are in Nicosa, TRNC. (we do quite frequently)
PS: They sometimes serve a special desert made with figs...tastes great...not to be missed if you're lucky enough to be there on a day that they serve it...no harm asking the waiters...