“Really great”

Ranked #17 of 1,094 Restaurants in Nicosia
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: French authentic Brasserie on Larnacos Avenue 87. It has a Facebook Fan Page: Brasserie Au Bon Plaisir where you can discover the menu and get regular updates.Specialities consist in steaks of French origin, cooked to your taste and served with home made sauces, but also casseroles or French specialities like duck confit, burgundy snails, frog legs or fresh foie gras.We are also specialised in fresh seafood. We serve daily fresh oysters and mussels imported from France, salmon or trout.Cosy, congenial and unpretentious. Friendly and attentive service.Wine list covering all main French appellations but also local wines, with good pricing since we import our own wines.
Reviewed September 30, 2014

Nice atmosphere. Good service. The meat was exactly how I like. For me one of the best restaurants of Nicosia.

1  Thank Brenda C

Reviewed September 8, 2014

Celebrated our wedding anniversary today.
It's great to unexpectedly discover awesome place in the heart of the city.
We had a great time and enjoyed the place, the cuisine, the service.
We will visit you again :)
Thank you Brasserie Au Bon Plaisir!

Reviewed August 28, 2014

A fantastically good French restaurant in the heart of Nicosia that my wife and I have been visiting over the years. Superb food with the highest quality meat and fish; in most cases straight from France. A must for anyone seeking the most of culinary delights in Cyprus. Full credit to Gatienne!

Reviewed August 18, 2014

What can I say about this restaurant?
Perhaps the most stunning part, is that it's in Cyprus. In Nicosia even. You'd expect this kind of place to be found either in the heart of a big city or lost in the midst of the most secretly special places in the world.

Without a doubt the best restaurant in Cyprus. If I find anything better, I swear i'll come and edit this review.

I eat my meat blue, aged and with a passion.
The meat here was just as good as my favorite restaurant in South Africa. Brasserie Au Bon Plaisir's t-bone (850g) that I ate was cooked to perfection, from the Charolais cattle (imported from France), aged some 30+ days.

Wine was stunning, dessert (home made vodka and french chocolate desert) was fantastic, appetizers were amazing, meat was exquisite, host, environment, music and overall experience was perfect.

p.s. They had me at the garlic butter. Divine.

Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Been there for the first time even though we have heard many good words and read many good reviews during the past year.

Small place, located in the business centre of Nicosia. Corner shop on a small neighborhood, nothing special as far as the looks and the view is concerned.
We were welcomed by the owners. Great couple, happy and really friendly. We immediately felt comfortable.

We got the kir royal to drink through the reading procedure. Really nice way to start a dinner. The owner helped us a lot with the menu even though she was busy with other tables.

We got French snails and the salmon quiche for starters along with a salad. We expected more taste from the quiche but that's all. Everything was very good.

For mains we got the duck confit and the beef bourguignon.

My wife really liked the beef. Great taste, it looked good and the portion was quite good.

I was a bit disappointed with the duck confit. It's served with potatoes cooked in the duck's fat that delivers an explosion of taste in your mouth. But that was it. A plate with a piece of duck and some potatoes. I was expecting some more eye satisfaction to be honest. The duck was cooked perfectly and I totally enjoyed it but the dish lacked imagination.

We of course got deserts. The creme brulee and the cheesecake, and we were not disappointed. Try any of the 2 or both for sure!

Prices are quite good for a French restaurant. We didn't get steaks or mussels or expensive wine so the bill was fairly good for what we had.

Overall I can easily say that it is a great experience and we will definitely return once the restaurant moves to its new location.

I had some reservations for giving 5stars but the great service, the help we got with the menu, the relaxed ambience and the eagerness of the owners to suck feedback from the clients reassures me that my comments were and will be heard.

2  Thank IasonasCy