“A taste experience”

Ranked #17 of 1,094 Restaurants in Nicosia
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: French authentic Brasserie on Larnacos Avenue 87. It has a Facebook Fan Page: Brasserie Au Bon Plaisir where you can discover the menu and get regular updates.Specialities consist in steaks of French origin, cooked to your taste and served with home made sauces, but also casseroles or French specialities like duck confit, burgundy snails, frog legs or fresh foie gras.We are also specialised in fresh seafood. We serve daily fresh oysters and mussels imported from France, salmon or trout.Cosy, congenial and unpretentious. Friendly and attentive service.Wine list covering all main French appellations but also local wines, with good pricing since we import our own wines.
Reviewed June 23, 2014

You cannot say you have tasted food till you visit this restaurant. It was an experience, more than a simple dining out. My senses was played with till I no longer could keep my excitement. It was the best meal I had my entire life. It was perfect in simplicity. The chef, the host and the owner all made my special birthday dinner a memory that will last for all the good reasons.

1  Thank Aletia T

Reviewed June 19, 2014

The service and hospitality was excellent. The very kind lady who owns the place was very happy to help us with our choices and explain the ingredients and the way the courses were cooked. We ordered two steaks which were marvelously cooked and their sauce was great. Great place, excellent service, good location, amazing food. Thank you!

1  Thank Tefkros69
Reviewed June 4, 2014

For a long time I have used trip advisor for many things, especially restaurants. I'm a bloke who likes my food and I have always thought I should put something back for the useful information I have gained over the years. I'm pretty lazy though.

Tonight I had a meal that has not quite dispersed my lethargy but has urged me to comment. I had the mussels to start. The sauce was so good that the hostess (and owner I think) instantly knew to bring me copious amounts of lovely soft bread to soak it up. I wasn't bothered what my wife had - I was eating. The confit duck was the duckiest duck I have tasted in ages. The accompanying side dishes were cooked to perfection and wonderfully seasoned. I know my wife had the steak; It produced noises from her I haven't heard since before we were married. The service was fantastic for the majority of the evening, the hostess was very welcoming and thoroughly engaging.

I was pleasantly surprised by the bill which was more than reasonable. I left a 30% tip which I still felt was not enough but any more would have been just showing off. Whilst it is still within the city centre, it is a little bit off the beaten track. It's well worth visiting though. I have to travel to a different country to eat here and I'll be coming back.

1  Thank BigMalky2014
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

This week we have been here on Friday and once again today. That's how much we like the place and food. So all lazy readers just stop reading this review and just head there to eat.

For the ones that like to read the whole review go ahead :)

We tried so many different dishes over the last few years we found the place and they are always prepared so well and so tasteful with every bit of detail.

Hostess is always willing to explain every bit of detail of how dishes are cooked, recommend dishes according to everyones taste and likes. She is always polite and staff are polite and helpful as well!

On busy days it can take a bit for main dish to arrive but after you start eating you forget all about that ;)

Enjoy the Venaison Rossini and Cheesecake our personal favourite of favourites! :)

Already recommended it to friends and love it...so why are you still reading ;) Go there :)

Achilleas & Andria

2  Thank Achilleas A
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We hadn't been here for nearly two years and I want to confirm that, as far as I'm concerned this is still the best restaurant in Nicosia despite having somehow gone down to number 18 (!!) in the TripAdvisor rankings. Brilliant menu, excellent food, friendly and attentive service, as always. Not cheap (especially if, like me, you are tempted by the most expensive items on the menu) but certainly for what you get I consider it excellent value for money. We paid €100 for a three course anniversary meal for two, with a very nice bottle of wine. As I said not cheap, but you don't HAVE to order the venison tournedos Rossini (though it's worth trying. Amazing!).

1  Thank Gordon F
Zorette_La_Grosse, Manager/Owner at Brasserie Au Bon Plaisir, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thank you Gordon for your excellent words !

It is very heart warming to read such comments as the whole team works hard to brings you those rare, unforgettable moments.

Our ranking is what is it. We refused to participate to this unfair offer which was made amongst local restaurateurs to litterally "buy" good reviews. But we agree with you it is a pity not to get a better exposure. Let say we are a hidden gem ;-)

As you very rightly pointed out, you don't "have to" go for the most expensive dishes and can enjoy more regularly our cosy and friendly restaurant for much lower budget. In other words, don't wait for special occasion to visit us, although we will always be happy to be there for your "special" moments ;-)

Thank you again and see you hopefully very soon !

Gatienne and the Team