Ajax Hotel
  • Pool
Hotel Azur(Limassol)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsnice lobbybusiness hotelbusiness tripnice hotelfree wifipool areanice breakfastshort staynight lifepleasant staysea frontfour star hotelhalf boardkids clubcyprusgymdoorman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Stayed for two nights to visit the Wine Festival, and family living in Limassol on a B & B basis.

The hotel was excellent, and very good value for money, but book through an agent not directly, to get the best deal!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2010

I have stayed a couple of times in Ajax on business trips to Cyprus.. Last time was early summer, so I can apreciate it also from the tourist point of view.
The "wow":
-Food and drinks!! Excellent quality and more than generous portions! Worth to try eating in.
The (+):
-Public areas such as reception, lobby, restaurant, pool area, conference rooms. All meeting expectations.
-Bathrooms.
-Service allways with a smile and everybody was eager to help in every way..
The "OK":
-Rooms, beds, sheets etc. Nothing to complain but also nothing to remember.
The (-):
-Location of no particular interest
-Pillows. A little big and hard for my taste.
Conclusion:
-With their reasonable pricing policy, this hotel is a damn good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Athineos
Reviewed August 31, 2010

Overall this was a lovely hotel and very good value for the price. However, there was just one aspect that really let it down - my bathroom.

All other areas of the hotel seemed new and clean (the room, the lobby, the bar) but the bathroom was really dirty and scruffy. It looked the bathroom from a complete different hotel. There was mold around the bath and between the tiles, limescale round the base of the taps, orangey colour in the corners, limescale in the toilet. My bathroom at home sometimes gets like that if I haven't cleaned it for a few weeks and I'm sure this one could have easily looked better if it had had a good scrub. It's a shame because with a clean bathroom I'd have rated this hotel 4 or 5 stars instead of 3.

Other things you should know about this hotel ---
1. They say on the website that there's free wifi on in all the rooms but in my room it only worked intermitently.
2. They play music around the pool area all day, which can get annoying, especially if it's not your type of music.
3. On Sunday and Wednesday nights they have a live singer in the bar. The volume is so loud that you can't escape it wherever you go, even in you room on the top floor, with the window shut. And it goes on until 11:30.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank de_cachondeo
Reviewed August 27, 2010

We stayed here during the last couple of weeks of the worldcup 2010. The hotel has a beautiful reception and pool area. We needed adjoining rooms with an interlinked door - no problem. Rooms were spacious and clean - one minifridge stopped working - replaced with no fuss. Outside traffic noise was not a problem (3rd floor). Breakfast was great with plenty of choice. The staff were very friendly and good first aider on hand when my daughter fell poolside and lacerated her eyebrow. On the minus side there was nothing organised by the hotel for the kids to do, despite them running a supervised kids club daily for local children. You had to pay to use the jacuzzi, but the indoor pool was gratis. Parking at the hotel was limited was doable - very rarely couldn't get a space. Nice bar across the street to watch the worldcup with english (rather than greek) commentary. The highlight for the kids was watching a large cypriot wedding party at the hotel. Would i go again? yes!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2010

We booked to stay for a week. you would have thought they would have looked after us, but no. We were told our room would be ready in 10 minutes. 35 mins later we were told the room was ready, no free drinks while we waited no one asked even if we would like a drink. Very poor bar service.We got to the rooms to find 2 single beds, rock hard, pillows that were smelly with sweat and also like rocks, sheets that did not fit the bed. The bath had mould round it, we were woken by the cleaning staff in the corridor talking at the top of their voices and a woman knocking the door shouting mini bar.One day our room was not touched by room service and the other day they took all our wet towels and never replaced them; we went to reception to complain and were told they would be there in the morning, which they were not. We came back at 4 in the afternoon and still no towels so I saw the cleaning cart in the corridor and took them myself. After asking for another room and being told we cant change rooms I checked out on the 3rd day and went to another hotel to finish my 7 day break in some style and luxury.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple