“Ok but not amazing”

Ranked #17 of 57 Hotels in Limassol
London
“Ok but not amazing”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed here for a few nights in late April 2013 for business. The staff were friendly, the food was ok but the room was basic and the hotel in general looked like it could do with a bit of a refresh. The fitness centre was pretty good though and there are some very nice tavernas extremely nearby.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Very nice hotel!!!Great hospitallity from the staff with excellent service!Good location ,not very far from the town center and also near to the beach!! Clean rooms and great food!! I definately reccomend this hotel!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed May 13, 2013

excellent hotel, great service! the music nights at the lobby with live music are also fantastic! i went to ajax hotel for a wedding too and it was very well organised and the food was great. not far from the beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Visited here during an raf visit. It had lovely staff and a lovely lobby. Great first impression and a good location. The rooms are basic but when you take every thing in to consideration was very good.

• Stayed June 2012
London, UK
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Middle of nowhere, dodgy electrics, the weirdest rules for the gym, a sign in the bedroom ordering the correct usage of towels, the hardest bed and softest pillows I've ever experienced and wifi only available sitting in the lobby makes the four stars of this hotel laughable.

Yes it is cheap but there is a reason for that. This hotel desperately needs to enter the 21st century. I for one won't be returning.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
2 Thank city1travels
nicosia
Reviewed April 17, 2013

It was the 7th time I was staying at The Ajax hotel in Limassol, (My mother my sister and I),
After my family had breakfast I got a plate and put some bread and cheese on it as I personally cannot eat as soon as I wake up, but because we where short on time and had to pack I was planning to eat in my room as I do very often as a frequent treveller. As I was leaving the breakfast room we got asked if we seacretly had put a 4th person in our room and was forbidden to take the food up. On my way up I made a complaint and the lady told us she would let us know as soon as possible about the hotel policies on this matter, she never even got back to us. 2 minutes after they knoked on our room door and supposly asked if we had taken anything from the mini bar (to check if there was a 4th person in the room) as a hotel manager myself I know that this is a question asked on the check out and they did ask. I thought it was very cheap of them to act this way especially when it is supposed to be a buffett breakfast, and disrespectful to my mother as we are all adults staying there. Another comment was as a triple room we only had 2 cups and two coffee bags. At least after forgetting my purse there they called me that it had been found.

1 Thank evgenkor
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Hotel is nice and located right in the centre of all the night life and food areas, I would say its my second home as i have clock in lot of time here. get very busy with wedding during the weekends sometimes but overall its fine. breakfast is brilliant and so is all the other meals, the rooms are in very good condition only you are in levels 3 and above better view ask for a sea view room. there is free internet in every room and in the lobby just have to ask the desks where they are really helpful. the swimming pool is not heated but there is a indoor one which is heated. also a very good gym and hair saloon on the first floor. and not forgetting the bar area very well decorated.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for better view and its quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business